Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Scoutingforahome
    • By Scoutingforahome 15th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Scoutingforahome
    credit score gone down from getting a credit card ???
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    credit score gone down from getting a credit card ??? 15th Sep 17 at 12:57 PM
    i am looking to get a morgage in the next 6 months.
    unfornatly looking at my credit score i have an un paid phone bill (which i have sorted now) and not on electro roll (will be on in december) my score isnt great from these two things but i have always paid phont/car/subscriptions from my bank and apart from that phone bill and a breife stuggle when i was 17 (the insurnace made me overdrawn by a couple of quid)i have been very good. I stuggled to get a bank card and im even more !!!!ed off that barlcyes promised to soft check me and done a hard check that also dented my score. but one thing thats coming up as a negitive now is that i have a credit card and also its bad thats ita only £500. i have been buying fule (aprox 60 month) off it (i have only had the thing for 2 weeks so yet to see if it dose me good) but my question is is how do i get more money? and any tips for using it to get my credit score back up fast.
Page 1
    • Scoutingforahome
    • By Scoutingforahome 15th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Scoutingforahome
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    mortage * sorry guys
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 14,115 Posts
    • 14,800 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    Your credit score is fictional and can be ignored. It reacts negatively to change, ie getting the card.

Lenders, however, will view you more positively now you have a credit card.

Use it regularly and clear in full month, once you receive the statement.
    • Car1980
    • By Car1980 16th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Car1980
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:23 AM
    You'll get rejected for things immediately if you're not on the electoral role. So don't apply for anything until you're on it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,722Posts Today

9,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin