Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ruth347
    • By ruth347 15th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ruth347
    Removing my ex partners name
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    Removing my ex partners name 15th Sep 17 at 12:57 PM
    Hi I am a single mother of two currently working part time. I have had my mortgage for over 11 years and have been split from my partner for 3 years. He now wants to move on and buy a property of his own, we are joint tenants on the mortgage. I have now met a new partner and we want to try and remove my ex-partners name of the mortgage in the next few months. My new partner works full time and earns over £33k but unfortantely like me doesnt have a great credit score. I have contacted my lender who confirms that they will not remove my ex-partners name on the mortgage as myself and my new partner both have a bad credit score. We currently have no debt but my Lender confirms the new person being added has to have a clean credit score. My house is worth approx £220k and there is £140k outstanding on the mortgage. Is there any way we can put my new partner on the mortgage and remove my ex-partners name without going through our mortgage lender. I do not want to sell our family home. Please any ideas.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 15th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    • 10,782 Posts
    • 7,025 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:03 PM
    you could speak to a broker to see if they can find a lender for you and your partner. I assume you are looking for a mortgage of c £180k to take on the current mortgage amount and equity for ex.
    You cannot just have someone removed from a mortgage and someone else added without the lenders agreement
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,360Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter