Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Matt33
    • By Matt33 15th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Matt33
    Car lease agreements
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    Car lease agreements 15th Sep 17 at 10:51 AM
    I keep thinking about PPI and going to a company in order to check if I have a PPI claim.
    The problem is that I have had no loans for a long time and my mortgage with Nationwide was fully paid 16 years ago!
    The only think that I could have PPI is that over the last 16 years I have been leasing my new cars every 2 years and during this period I have had 2 jaguars and 6 Mercedes through their finance companies, for example Mercedes finance agrrements.
    Would that be a possible PPI claim?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Matt33
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 89,606 Posts
    • 56,105 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:19 AM
    The only think that I could have PPI is that over the last 16 years I have been leasing my new cars every 2 years and during this period I have had 2 jaguars and 6 Mercedes through their finance companies, for example Mercedes finance agrrements.
    Car dealers only became regulated in January 2005.

Post 2005, the dealers were required to issue statements of demands and needs where insurance was bought. The agreements would all make it clear if you had PPI. You couldnt miss it unless you are the type that doesnt read a single thing.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 18,761 Posts
    • 10,000 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    I keep thinking about PPI and going to a company in order to check if I have a PPI claim.
    Originally posted by Matt33
    These companies don't check to see if you have "claim".

What they will do is check on your behalf if you had any PPI policies and then charge an exorbitant amount to "represent" you in any complaint you might subsequently make..

Do your own research...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

1,431Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin