Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sazzlejr34
    • By sazzlejr34 15th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sazzlejr34
    Loan interest refund
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    Loan interest refund 15th Sep 17 at 10:44 AM
    Hi all,

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but could do with some advice please!

Long story short, I referred a complaint about HSBC to the ombudsman a few months back and I won (complaint was regarding a loan I took out). As a result, HSBC were ordered to refund any interest and/or charges plus 8% interest on top within 28 days.

They were really slow at issuing the refund and I found myself having to chase and chase. I eventually received an amount after 6 weeks of the final decision (03rd August).

The refund amount seemed really low, so I questioned this and asked for a breakdown. Again, it took weeks to get a response. When they finally did respond (13th September), they admitted they got it wrong and had over charged me by £2400.

It's now been almost 3 months since the final decision was imposed, yet HSBC still have my money.

Do you think I stand any chance of getting the refund credited today (I bank with them too) if I call and demand it? The frustrating this is, it's my money, they have no right to it and I think I've been incredibly patient with them to date.

Am I being inpatient?

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 15th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 24,170 Posts
    • 11,444 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    Why not contact the Ombudsman again?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 15th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,035 Posts
    • 759 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    Why not contact the Ombudsman again?
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    Or at least threaten to. Also inform them you will expect the interest paid right up to the day they credit/send the money.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,661Posts Today

6,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin