Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Xchang
    • By Xchang 15th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Xchang
    Stole password & got iphone 7
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    Stole password & got iphone 7 15th Sep 17 at 10:33 AM
    Dears.. it.
    Please help me...

I got an other shock when I heared an information from Vodaphone.

I helped cousin to use my Vodaphone SIM only contract as hes a taxi drivier and hes been banned from getting contracts, loans etc , according to him.

He has been using and paying bills.. Contract is in my name. Some months hes not paying so money taken from my account - direct debit.

As he was hiding from me , I called him but he started talking in a rude way. Now hes not answering.. I had a doubt. I went to Vodaphone store and checked.
    OH.. I was shocked when I heard the information..

He has updated and bought a IPhone 7 AND also changed my address.. I never know the address he has given. Im in TW3 but he changed it to SE20.

How could he do it ? He stole my Vodaphone Security Password and talked to Vodaphone pretending me giving all my personal details to bought a New Contract in my name. Vodaphone says Im responsible for the bills and contract.

I dont know how to explain my situation. I m going to fall in a massive fraud.

Please help me how to deal with this fraud.. How to report to police to arrest him ..please
Page 1
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 15th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 15,118 Posts
    • 14,764 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    Walk into the police station and ask to report a fraud?
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 15th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    • 4,946 Posts
    • 1,567 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    Yup, as above. Go the police, report the fraud and then contact Voda and ask them to pass the info to their fraud team.

I guess you gave him all your passwords ect? That could create a problem with Voda, but you'll have to see what happens. . .
  • Vodafone
    • 19th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    Hi Xchang,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can get things investigated further, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Xchang
    • By Xchang 12th Nov 17, 12:43 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Xchang
    • 12th Nov 17, 12:43 PM
    • 12th Nov 17, 12:43 PM
    Dear Lee,

As your kind advice I sent FORM with details of my case.

I received automated reply with The Reference Number : WRT135 [#17380601]

Please kindly help me.
    Regards.
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 12th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    • 4,946 Posts
    • 1,567 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 12th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    • 12th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    Dear Lee,

As your kind advice I sent FORM with details of my case.

I received automated reply with The Reference Number : WRT135 [#17380601]

Please kindly help me.
    Regards.
    Originally posted by Xchang
    You do realize that you need to be very proactive with this? Waiting 3 months before contacting Voda will do your case no good at all!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

1,467Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin