Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgetfullass
    • By forgetfullass 15th Sep 17, 10:10 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 14Thanks
    forgetfullass
    is my information correct?
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:10 AM
    is my information correct? 15th Sep 17 at 10:10 AM
    Hello all and thank you for reading

I am trying to get myself sorted ahead of applying for a divorce. I logged on to the land registry today to check out charges on my house. as well as the mortgage provider I was expecting to see one other which ends in January thankfully. However I was surprised to see a charge from Aktiv Kapital. They applied for a CCJ in august 2011, I filled out the court papers. made an agreement to pay and have been paying ever since. no missed payments. I cant recall anything about a charging order at the time though things have been pretty tough for me for a while - addictions - not mine, have made me ill mentally though getting on top of things now.
    I have been told that if you received a CCJ before October 2012 the creditor can only apply for a Charging order if I missed a payment or if I had been ordered to pay the whole amount. neither of these happened in my case. is there anything I can do about the charging order now?
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    Hi forgetfullass,

If a CCJ was obtained prior to 1st October 2012 you must’ve defaulted on the payments set by the court in order for the creditor to apply for a charging order. A default can be a payment as little as 1 day late. However, if this has never happened you can apply to the court to have the charging order removed under CPR rule 73.10B.

You will need to complete an N244 form which can cost up to £255 to submit (if you are on certain benefits you may get this fee discounted or waivered with an EX160 form). You should consider legal advice in this situation because if your application is unsuccessful you can incur legal costs of the other side. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • forgetfullass
    • By forgetfullass 15th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    forgetfullass
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:56 AM
    Hello thanks for the reply,

I KNOW I never made any late payments. it all scared the hell out of me when it happened. I got the paperwork and set up a debit. comes out every month on pay day. I cant afford to pay the 255 and it seems rather unfair that they have made a mistake and this has happened. think I will just have to leave it and try and pay off quicker.

thanks again,
    • Car1980
    • By Car1980 16th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    Car1980
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    Tell your creditor you haven't missed a payment and will apply to get the CCJ set aside as a result, and it will cost them £255 + your costs unless they rectify it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,298Posts Today

8,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin