Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauraadele18
    • By Lauraadele18 15th Sep 17, 7:39 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lauraadele18
    Do i even need insurance? What type?
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:39 AM
    Do i even need insurance? What type? 15th Sep 17 at 7:39 AM
    Hi all,

I am looking to start a small business selling materials online from my house. I know i need to let my house insurance know i am going to be using part of mt property to run a business, but do i need business insurance? No customers will be coming to my house as its all online so public liability is not needed. Product liability is not needed as its not a full product e.g a phone chager that catches on fire, it is a piece of fabric. I saw insurance to cover legal fees which i think will be most useful?

Can anyone help, as i dont want to waste money of its not needed but worse i dont want to not have insurance and get my butt sued!

Thanks all xx
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 25,664 Posts
    • 10,200 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    Depends on the risks. Common sense doesnt come into it when someone decides your liable for something.

There was a staple in the packaging and i slice my finger open and nearly died from the blood loss. OK a small plaster cured it but i could have died. I had to have 6 months off work because i now have panic attacks..

Or how about i bought some fabric and made my item, i purchased more but it doesnt quite match and i want a full refund and costs for my time that it took to make my item. Heartbreak and stress and endangered bunnies and fluffy kittens with nuns in baskets were harmed also...

Thinking of recent threads on here. Someone bought a car part online, didnt arrive the day it was estimated to arrive. End of the world, couldnt take kid to school, needed the car for work so lost pay and had to eat takeaways because the shops are too far away.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Lauraadele18
    • By Lauraadele18 15th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lauraadele18
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    Very valid point! Better to be safe than sorry, i will insure up!
    • rs65
    • By rs65 15th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 5,222 Posts
    • 2,475 Thanks
    rs65
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:08 PM
    Product liability is not needed as its not a full product
    Originally posted by Lauraadele18
    You are selling a product. Public/products liability would be wise. Property damage cover for your stock maybe.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

325Posts Today

3,056Users online

Martin's Twitter