Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Annie1960
    • By Annie1960 15th Sep 17, 12:09 AM
    • 2,676Posts
    • 1,492Thanks
    Annie1960
    Safe Finder
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:09 AM
    Safe Finder 15th Sep 17 at 12:09 AM
    I updated my Flash Player this morning. I then started getting a page with Safe Finder on it when I did a search. It looked very dodgy to me.

I did a search to find out how to remove Safe Finder, and think I have now done this from both Safari and Firefox. My searches have now gone back to normal.

However, I uninstalled my Flash Player, and now have none. I suspect that Safe Finder installed itself with Flash Player.

I have gone onto Facebook and Twitter to try to contact Flash Player about this, but they don't seem to have posted for years.

Can I get Flash Player back without Safe Finder?
Page 1
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 15th Sep 17, 12:11 AM
    • 896 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:11 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:11 AM
    https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    only download from Adobe site and always uncheck the tick boxes.
    • Strider590
    • By Strider590 15th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 11,622 Posts
    • 6,529 Thanks
    Strider590
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    As above, OR you can download the installer directly and avoid all the non-sense with the website.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

I've had to use this on some machines that showed a blank window on the "Adobe download manager".
    Last edited by Strider590; 15-09-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,034Posts Today

8,285Users online

Martin's Twitter