Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 14th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 118Posts
    • 23Thanks
    Narkynewt
    Will the HMRC email a copy of SA302?
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    Will the HMRC email a copy of SA302? 14th Sep 17 at 10:19 PM
    So, it has just come to our attention that as part of our mortgage application my partner is missing one year from his SA302 self assessment calculation. The form cannot be downloaded from the gateway website as he filed this particular year via post. I have seen people saying the HMRC have faxed copies over to their mortgage advisor but ours doesn't have a fax!

What are the chances I could talk someone into scanning and emailing it (to the email address on the tax returns and which the HMRC have on file) so we can get it to Halifax tomorrow?

Our valuation is Monday and would have liked a mortgage offer right away. Without the form it could be another week

Thoughts? Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Narkynewt; 14-09-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Sep 17, 12:32 AM
    • 41,963 Posts
    • 48,569 Thanks
    G_M
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:32 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:32 AM
    My experience of HMRC is that you will be lucky to even get to speak to anyone there.

As for getting them to first find, and then scan & email the form? The same day?

Sorry, shouldn't laugh - especially as I have to be good these days or get kicked off the site - but I'll make a donation to a charity of your choice if you succeed.
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 15th Sep 17, 6:00 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:00 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:00 AM
    Ok it's a deal I am pretty good at negotiation. Also I am a positive person so watch this space and get your wallet ready G_M
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 15th Sep 17, 6:43 AM
    • 3,962 Posts
    • 2,470 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:43 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:43 AM
    if you want it mailed , it can take 2+ weeks, sometimes longer, find a fax number you can use and give it to the advisor is another option.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • RiversTam
    • By RiversTam 15th Sep 17, 8:19 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    RiversTam
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:19 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:19 AM
    Can you not have it faxed to your solicitor or estate agent? I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate if you explained?

Or does someone you know have access to a fax machine at work?

We had our mortgage valuation on a Friday and it wasn't even looked at for a week - so it depends if they plan on looking at the valuation and offering quickly?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 15th Sep 17, 8:43 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:43 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:43 AM
    Thanks guys! I am seriously sleep deprived at the moment (cluster feeding 4 month old + 2 year old with chicken pox) so didn't even think about the solicitors. Will ring them at 9am and then ring the self assessment hot line!
    Last edited by Narkynewt; 15-09-2017 at 8:51 AM.
    • RiversTam
    • By RiversTam 15th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    RiversTam
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:04 AM
    O I remember those days well, as if cluster feeding and sleep deprivation aren't bad enough now you've got this to sort!
    Fingers crossed you get sorted!
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 15th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 6,125 Posts
    • 5,873 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:23 AM
    Can you not have it faxed to your solicitor or estate agent? I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate if you explained?

Or does someone you know have access to a fax machine at work?
    Originally posted by RiversTam
    Or there are plenty of fax to email gateways. Though I'm not sure what the urgency is, if the valuation hasn't even been done yet?
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    So u spoke to a lovely guy who said he would fax over he docs immediately he had em printed on his desk and wrote the cover letter with me on the phone. Then he said he was going to fax them......

5 minutes later got another call and some JOBSWORTH in his office has reported him and I got a call back from him to say he is sorry he did not follow procedure and cannot fax them because his effing colleague stopped him at the fax machine.

I have asked for a call back from a manager because he is now adamant it's against their policy to fax

Fuming
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Sep 17, 10:11 AM
    • 41,963 Posts
    • 48,569 Thanks
    G_M
    I'm out today but look forward to writing a cheque when I log on tonight. Must admit I'm impress so far. Trying to get hold of HMRC has always been a nightmare forr me.....

Good luck with that manager
    • G_M
    • By G_M 16th Sep 17, 8:22 PM
    • 41,963 Posts
    • 48,569 Thanks
    G_M
    So I can put my chequebook away?
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 21st Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    So I can put my chequebook away?
    Originally posted by G_M
    Yup it came in the post today
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 21st Sep 17, 3:27 PM
    • 32,271 Posts
    • 17,301 Thanks
    kingstreet
    From next month they are not going to issue them at all.

No fax, no post.

Nothing.

Downloading the SA Online Tax Calcs & Tax Year Overviews (or equivalents produced by Accountants' software) is going to be the only alternative to producing copies of Accounts.

Lenders have had access to HMRC systems now for about two years but the £14 charge has put them off thus far.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • lwhiteman88
    • By lwhiteman88 21st Sep 17, 4:11 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    lwhiteman88
    From next month they are not going to issue them at all.

No fax, no post.

Nothing.

Downloading the SA Online Tax Calcs & Tax Year Overviews (or equivalents produced by Accountants' software) is going to be the only alternative to producing copies of Accounts.

Lenders have had access to HMRC systems now for about two years but the £14 charge has put them off thus far.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    That could be quite annoying. I have just had the situation where my SA302 was submitted via a third party website and then when HMRC received they have changed the NIC calculations which has meant my SA302 and Tax Overview do not match!

I have had to request the copy that HMRC have so the two numbers match as the lender wants them to (understandably). Not sure what I would have done if I could not request the copy from HMRC
    • mitalmistry
    • By mitalmistry 21st Sep 17, 4:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mitalmistry
    no they wont.
    they will send it via post and it says 14 days but will be within 7 days!
    also if you have an accountant and they have access to your records, they can print it for you or email it to you.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 21st Sep 17, 4:55 PM
    • 32,271 Posts
    • 17,301 Thanks
    kingstreet
    HMRC announcement spells the end of the SA302 tax calculation

22 August 2017

HMRC have announced that from 4 September 2017, they will stop issuing paper copies of clients’ tax calculations and tax year overviews for mortgage applications, insisting that they have come to an agreement with the Council of Mortgage Lenders (now UK Finance) for them to accept online print outs.
    http://www.uhy-uk.com/resources-publications/tax-hub/tax-blog/hmrc-announcement-spells-the-end-of-the-sa302/
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • lwhiteman88
    • By lwhiteman88 21st Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    lwhiteman88
    Its says 4th September and I requested mine on the 15th so not sure how true this is unless they have delayed it.
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 22nd Sep 17, 12:35 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    If you file the return online you can access it online. My other half filed one year via post therefore we cannot access it.

Does that mean they won't accept paper tax returns sent via post? Because it is going to take them a lot of time to upload all of the information for people, e to access the form online if they send a hard copy.
    • AJ1982
    • By AJ1982 22nd Sep 17, 12:46 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    AJ1982
    The luck of the draw to be honest...

Have been in a similar situation where I could provide the actual SA or accountants computation but they wanted SA302.

Sadly as you say you can’t get the SA302 online unless you file for yourself online.

Took about 2 weeks from request to delivery though so not too bad
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,070Posts Today

8,568Users online

Martin's Twitter