Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • originalmiscellany
    • By originalmiscellany 14th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    • 1,588Posts
    • 3,834Thanks
    originalmiscellany
    Nexus 6p - Can I make a complaint (out of 12 month guarantee)
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:47 PM
    Nexus 6p - Can I make a complaint (out of 12 month guarantee) 14th Sep 17 at 8:47 PM
    So in short, I bought a nexus 6p via ebay, with PCWorld/Currysonline in April 2016.
    In the last few months, it has developed a recongised fault - where it suddenly powers off at 20% which clearly is not suitable.
    Google (the owners - Huawei are the actual manufacturers) have started replacing these if bought direct with them.

As such, is there any thing I can do to complain? I feel that a mobile phone (in my mind expensive at several hundred pounds) should last for longer than 17 months, but I fear I have limited protection, as I ultimately used paypal/ebay as an intermediary.

Any thoughts or considerations appreciated.
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    June 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 - November 2017 down to 28.11 months vs 30.11 months at normal payment. Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045
    Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
Page 1
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 14th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 1,770 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    Some reading for you

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/replace-your-defective-google-nexus-6p-purchased-from-google-with-a-pixelpixel-xl-for-free-2789891
    • phillw
    • By phillw 14th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    • 945 Posts
    • 558 Thanks
    phillw
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:02 PM
    You could try talking to google.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/google-stepped-battery-shut-off-issue-t3616659
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,191Posts Today

6,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin