Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tiddlywinks
    • By Tiddlywinks 14th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 5,329Posts
    • 18,457Thanks
    Tiddlywinks
    0 WOW
    Anyone here from Southern Ireland.... need help please
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    0 WOW
    Anyone here from Southern Ireland.... need help please 14th Sep 17 at 8:45 PM
    I want to help a friend who lives near Cork... I'd like to send some foodstuff but just seen the price of postage

He is chronically ill and spending more time at home. We have been talking about baking and so I want to send him a starter kit so that we can skype and bake at the same time.... a sort of bake-off .

Can anyone tell me of some good home delivery companies for Eire or have any of you overcome the costs of getting stuff sent to Ireland?

I've used Amazon for some measuring cups and stuff but foodstuff is just too heavy to be cheap to buy on there for dispatch to Eire.

The person won't accept gift cards / money as he is quite a proud man so I want to send a gift that is useful and that he can't argue with once he gets it .

Any thoughts would be really helpful.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Witless
    • By Witless 14th Sep 17, 9:21 PM
    • 510 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    Witless
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:21 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:21 PM
    Sorry, can't help; but maybe they can - https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/help/default.aspx?name=mydelivery&rel=help
    • Artytarty
    • By Artytarty 14th Sep 17, 9:22 PM
    • 2,111 Posts
    • 4,605 Thanks
    Artytarty
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:22 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:22 PM
    Could you order a supermarket home delivery of the baking stuff for him?
    Ah beaten to it by a cross post!
    Last edited by Artytarty; 14-09-2017 at 9:25 PM.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 15th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 9,325 Posts
    • 17,735 Thanks
    zippychick
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:31 AM
    as this has dropped down OS i've moved it to Shopping and groceries in case anyone can advise on cheap delivery in Southern Ireland.

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

good luck, very kind of you to do such a nice thing for your friend

Zip
    I'm a Board Guide of Old Style MoneySaving, The Northern Ireland board,How Much Have you Saved? and Martin's Blogs.
    This means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,975Posts Today

6,260Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin