Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tiddlywinks
    • By Tiddlywinks 14th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    • 5,329Posts
    • 18,470Thanks
    Tiddlywinks
    Ireland - Using a Kindle / Fire
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:29 PM
    Ireland - Using a Kindle / Fire 14th Sep 17 at 8:29 PM
    I want to give a Kindle and a Fire to a friend in Ireland (Southern).

Is there anyone here that knows if you can access Amazon content etc from Southern Ireland or whether the territory is blocked for any reason.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Tyler Durden UK
    • By Tyler Durden UK 14th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 681 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    Tyler Durden UK
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    I can't imagine that S Ireland will be blocked from any content. Have you asked amazon ?
    • Tiddlywinks
    • By Tiddlywinks 14th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 5,329 Posts
    • 18,470 Thanks
    Tiddlywinks
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    I can't imagine that S Ireland will be blocked from any content. Have you asked amazon ?
    Originally posted by Tyler Durden UK

Strangely, that was my first port of call... and my second... and third.... and...

I have called Amazon four times and can't get a straight answer.

I have been told if I bought from Amazon.co.uk then the device won't work BUT if I buy from Amazon.com then it will... but the Amazon.com device is US spec. But that 'advice' was then contradicted by another call to them.

Some say the territory doesn't matter another will say it depends on the internet provider???

Bloomin' awful service from the call centre..... and as there is no Amazon Ireland I have to rely to whatever the call centre tells me... which is proving less that credible.

Hence asking here and hoping someone knows something that might help.

(Eire is not part of the UK and is its own separate EU country with its own currency).
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 14th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 3,244 Posts
    • 4,042 Thanks
    bouicca21
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    I've just come back from southern Ireland. Had no problem.
    • Tiddlywinks
    • By Tiddlywinks 20th Sep 17, 11:12 AM
    • 5,329 Posts
    • 18,470 Thanks
    Tiddlywinks
    • 20th Sep 17, 11:12 AM
    • 20th Sep 17, 11:12 AM
    I have a definitive answer.....

Kindle books and music will be OK for download from Amazon UK - for the Fire and e-readers.

All video and some games will not be available because of international licence agreements.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

383Posts Today

3,041Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin