Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sdaspland
    • By sdaspland 14th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sdaspland
    Millenium parking services PCN
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    Millenium parking services PCN 14th Sep 17 at 7:05 PM
    Hi,

My partner has today received a NTK for parking in my home car park (the permit disk had fallen of the windscreen). Having read through the newbies section I am planning the appeal, my question is what template should I use? As the letter states that they are a member of BPA & IPC.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    The logo enclosed within a roundel (circle) indicates which one they are an approved operator of and are then able to access DVLA keeper details. It would be the template appeal for that particular ATA.

If in future you ever want to check which ATA AOS, just use the BMPA website to do so.

http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_0_to_c.html

As you will see, Millennium are IPC operators. So initial IPC appeal to Millennium (which will be rejected), thereafter ignore anything else that comes your way in relation to the parking charge, other than a LBA or real court papers, come back for more advice if you get either.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sdaspland
    • By sdaspland 14th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sdaspland
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    Thanks, do I stand a decent chance of winning this? Do you think?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    depends what you mean by "winning"

if they take you to court and you have a good defence, based on legal arguments , you stand a good chance of winning

but court is a lottery with judge bingo and anything may happen , there are no guarantees and only a fool would tell you your actual chances of winning

BEAVIS and the supporters (including myself) thought he would win , he lost 3 times
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • sdaspland
    • By sdaspland 14th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sdaspland
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    I don't know whether I should take a different approach as I actually had a permit but the holder just came unstuck and fell off the screen?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    you should check what your lease or AST says about parking , showing permits etc

it may be that there is no legal reason to show any permit in your own bay , regardless of what any MA or the PPC says

these companies are not employed to harass residents and spoil their "quiet enjoyment" , they are there to keep non-residents out , not to prey on the legitimate residents etc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • sdaspland
    • By sdaspland 14th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sdaspland
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    Thanks, I will see if it says anything and update
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    • 16,540 Posts
    • 20,699 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    you should also read about a dozen similar threads on here about residential parking , leased spaces, owned spaces and MA problems etc

here is one I just read

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5711267

read the hairray one and other ongoing ones where the residents are fighting back

read this one too http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5620792

in theory , your MA should get this ticket cancelled
    Last edited by Redx; 14-09-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Newbies !!
    • sdaspland
    • By sdaspland 17th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sdaspland
    • 17th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    • 17th Sep 17, 10:07 AM
    Can anyone please help me out with the wording of an email I should write to my MA?
    I just want to make sure I don't write the the thing
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Sep 17, 10:12 AM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    We encourage people to draft their own attempt first, post it here, then we will help them develop it further.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,869Users online

Martin's Twitter