Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Annie35
    • By Annie35 14th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    • 117Posts
    • 78Thanks
    Annie35
    awaiting letter
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:03 PM
    awaiting letter 14th Sep 17 at 7:03 PM
    hi, i applied for tax credits end of July & received a letter 7 days ago saying an award had been made & would follow in a separate letter. How long do you think it will take to come now?

thanks
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 14th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    hi, i applied for tax credits end of July & received a letter 7 days ago saying an award had been made & would follow in a separate letter. How long do you think it will take to come now?

thanks
    Originally posted by Annie35
    How long is a piece of string? but you can check here, if you're not registered you'll need to do this first.

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-register-hmrc-online-services
    • decbel
    • By decbel 14th Sep 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1,399 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    decbel
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:48 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:48 PM

thanks
    Originally posted by Annie35
    Dealing with that lot really is a piece of string.

The usual time suggested between them receiving the claim and paying out if the claim passed was 5 weeks.

But there is nothing statutory in that. Keep ringing them but make sure you have anytime calls otherwise you'll run up a small fortune hanging on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,672Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin