Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shaz0016
    • By shaz0016 14th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    shaz0016
    0 WOW
    Travel insurance claim
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    0 WOW
    Travel insurance claim 14th Sep 17 at 5:37 PM
    Having returned from holiday I need to make a claim for a piece of jewellery lost. Looking at the insurance I took out, it states that you should report it to the Police. I have not done that as there was no police station where we stayed. I have however notified the agents of the property where we stayed. Also, as it was a gift, there may no longer be a receipt.
    Can insurance claims really be turned down if this is not followed. There was no police station. I have returned to the place where I thought it was lost. Not everyone keeps receipts or statements anymore.
    You take out insurance, but then find you have to prove so many things just to claim, it makes you wonder why you bother.
    MSE what are your thoughts?
Page 1
    • WAYT
    • By WAYT 14th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 702 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    WAYT
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    Yes, of course they should pay out with no proof at all.
    Of course you should not bother to peruse the general conditions of your insurance documents until you need to make a claim.

Come on...be serious. There are conditions. You were informed of them prior to the purchase and had the conditions at hand all the time up until you needed to make a claim.

What is the valuables limit on your policy?
    What is the amount of the excess?

Where did you holiday where there is no police station?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 14th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    • 4,601 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    Yes, of course they should pay out with no proof at all.
    Of course you should not bother to peruse the general conditions of your insurance documents until you need to make a claim.

Come on...be serious. There are conditions. You were informed of them prior to the purchase and had the conditions at hand all the time up until you needed to make a claim.

What is the valuables limit on your policy?
    What is the amount of the excess?

Where did you holiday where there is no police station?
    Originally posted by WAYT

or phones....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,953Posts Today

6,287Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin