Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Silver Shark
    • By Silver Shark 14th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    • 28Posts
    • 47Thanks
    Silver Shark
    Cash on collection item
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:15 PM
    Cash on collection item 14th Sep 17 at 5:15 PM
    I have an item for sale on eBay for cash on collection. A potential buyer has messaged me and we have arranged for her to collect and pay cash for the item tomorrow. She says that the Buy it now requires payment straight away. I have amended the listing to pay on collection but I have had to tick PayPal accepted as well. If I end the listing I expect I will be seen as avoiding the seller's fee which I am not. What do I do now, sorry if this is a silly question!

Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 14th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 25,728 Posts
    • 10,228 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    Catch 22.

Sell outside ebay and risk a slap off ebay.

Let them pay by paypal and collect and risk them claiming item not received. And no taking pictures of them and getting signatures etc wont protect you. Only proof of delivery will.

Risk 1 or risk 2?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 59,106 Posts
    • 41,890 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    Catch 22.

Sell outside ebay and risk a slap off ebay.

Let them pay by paypal and collect and risk them claiming item not received. And no taking pictures of them and getting signatures etc wont protect you. Only proof of delivery will.

Risk 1 or risk 2?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    You risk more than a slap nowadays, in fact the initial query is enough to get the buyer and seller a slap! If the auction is ended after that message then seller stands to be banned for a short period .

If you have removed the immediate payment required option then email buyer back via ebay messages and tell them to buy it properly though ebay as you are unable to sell without this going through ebay (lay it on thick- ebay are cut throat with the new rules) and if it requires immediate payment to abandon the purchase and phone ebay and ask them how to proceed . If it doesn't require immediate payment then its easy, click Buy it now and don't pay, they then collect it tomorrow and pay cash. You mark it payment received and dispatched and all is well.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,774Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter