Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mouse99
    • By Mouse99 14th Sep 17, 4:52 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mouse99
    Parking in suspended bay
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:52 PM
    Parking in suspended bay 14th Sep 17 at 4:52 PM
    I live in Lewisham and on Friday 8th Sept, I was seeing my son off to university in Scotland and drove him to Hither Green train station where I parked in the usual spot outside sainsburies local and flower shop, which affords 30 mins free parking. I didn't think twice about parking - everything looked normal and there were other cars parked in the bays.

After putting my son on the train, I returned to find a parking attendant had issued me with a ticket as the parking bay had been suspended at 9am that morning. It was a stressful morning and with my focus on the matter of getting my son off to university, I had not clocked the suspended parking bay sign.

Can others advise if I have any grounds for appeal? What I don't understand is why, if suspended, other cars were in the bays? Also, there was no sign of any utility companies , presumably why the bays were suspended? Who makes these decisions? £65 for no harm to anyone.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 32,743 Posts
    • 16,755 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    If this is a council fine then you will get best advice at pepipoo.

The mse parking fotum majors on private parking charges rather than proper council tickets

If you have a private parking charge then go to the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the parking forum for advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

674Posts Today

6,113Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin