Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hjd
    • By hjd 14th Sep 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1,068Posts
    • 7,895Thanks
    hjd
    Managing agents recommendation please.
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:51 PM
    Managing agents recommendation please. 14th Sep 17 at 4:51 PM
    I live in a road of 16 properties, all detached freehold houses built 10 years ago.
    The road is unadopted. There are no communal buildings, only the road plus the lighting bollards and some communal planting along the verges.
    The road was set up with a residents' association and managing agents.
    Despite the road being so small, the managing agents are charging a fortune and are plainly not interested in us as they have bigger fish to fry.
    I think we should take over the management in house but the directors (my husband and an elderly neighbour) are reluctant; they don't want to chase up fellow neighbours for unpaid service charges and like to have the back up of a professional management team especially for the legal side.
    I have taken over company secretarial as they were charging over £400 p.a. for hardly any work. I could do the accountancy as there is only an electricity bill plus gardeners to pay.
    Does anyone know of/could anyone recommend a good light touch managing agent/firm with reasonable charges? We are in NW Surrey.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,165Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin