Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pl1965
    • By pl1965 14th Sep 17, 4:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pl1965
    65 and out
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:23 PM
    65 and out 14th Sep 17 at 4:23 PM
    I am due to retire from work . I have been on sick leave since February '17 but have been receiving my Salary in full since then. I was 65 in April'17 and my works Pension has been paid at the beginning of each month as usual.I have now decided to retire and have come to an amicable agreement with my company, and they are prepared to pay me 3 months wages in lieu of notice. I am not being made redundant as my position will be filled .

HR. Dept are not certain if my pension will be paid for the 3 months notice. Can you advise please?
Page 1
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 14th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 3,112 Posts
    • 2,838 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:39 PM
    I am due to retire from work . I have been on sick leave since February '17 but have been receiving my Salary in full since then. I was 65 in April'17 and my works Pension has been paid at the beginning of each month as usual.I have now decided to retire and have come to an amicable agreement with my company, and they are prepared to pay me 3 months wages in lieu of notice. I am not being made redundant as my position will be filled .

HR. Dept are not certain if my pension will be paid for the 3 months notice. Can you advise please?
    Originally posted by pl1965
    Only they can answer that. I can see no reason why the pension would be affected but ultimately it depends on the terms of your pension scheme and your "amicable agreement".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,785Posts Today

5,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin