Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 59,083Posts
    • 41,871Thanks
    soolin
    returns not being returned
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    returns not being returned 14th Sep 17 at 4:20 PM
    I'm having a bit of a dither and would welcome some advice.

I have 2 returns currently open, one for a change of mind and the other for a SNAD, both have bene open for around 2 weeks. The change of mind one was to be returned at the buyers own cost and for the SNAD I clicked on 'allow ebay to send a label at xx cost'. The status of both currently show as 'Waiting for buyer to post item'

Both time out in just over a weeks' time when unfortunately I am on holiday.

I don't really have any worries about the change of mind, I often find they don't come back- and assuming it is returned and the status changes to show buyer has posted it, I will just refund as I will have intermittent internet access. If it doesn't come back I will wit until I get home and get ebay to close it.

My worry is around the SNAD, it was an expensive item and the alleged damage is very minor so I want it back as it can be resold at a cheaper price - I'm just concerned that buyer can't see the label and is sitting waiting for it to time out so he can escalate and get a refund without returning it. I have been on to live chat and ebay say a label was definitely sent and that buyer can't now get a refund without return- but I don't trust ebay. If I were at home I'd just phone on the day it times out and get it closed- but that isn't going to be possible where I'm staying as I have infrequent telephone signal and certainly not enough to wait for ebay to check things out while I hold.

Has anyone else had a recent return, or does anyone currently have an open one- and did it change when item was returned?

I had thought perhaps to add something to the cases reminding them that items haven't been returned- but the SNAD was not the easiest of people to deal with and I would prefer to let this just stay as it is- as long as I'm in no danger.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,786Posts Today

8,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin