Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    qwertyasd
    Gladstone Solicitors - LBC - Complicated situation.
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    Gladstone Solicitors - LBC - Complicated situation. 14th Sep 17 at 4:02 PM
    Hello every,

I am desperate and in need for some help from more knowledgeable fellow motorists.

Basically what happened is, where I live there is another building right behind with a private parking and I parked there a few times some time ago when I did not have a permit for my car for a different car park. That parking is private and managed by PCM. In that time, I have managed to gather a few tickets, which unfortunately and stupidly I ignored. Now I have received a LBC from Gladstone solicitors which looks like this

"We act on behalf of the Claimant and we have now been instructed to commence legal action against you to recover the amount due above, as you have failed to settle the debts that are owing, or provide a valid reason for non-payment.

7 x tickets £160 each.

We understand that our client has written to you to request payment but the amount is still outstanding.

The debts relate to parking charges detailed above for which you are liable. Full details of the charges have previously been provided to you within the Parking Charge Notices and/or Notices to Driver/Keeper that have been served upon you. The claimant will rely on these documents in the forthcoming action against you.

We refer you to the Practice Direction for Pre-Action Conduct under the Civil Procedure Rules and in particular to Paragraph 4 of the same which concerns the Court's powers to impose sanctions for any failure to comply.

We now require you to pay the full amount claimed within 14 days. Alternatively you should provide an acknowledgement of receipt of this letter and a full written response within 14 days. Your response should provide your full account of the circumstances that have led to the charges being imposed and should include confirmation as to who the the drivers of the vehicles were at the time of each incident and a current address for service for each driver.

Unless a satisfactory response is provided, we are instructed to start proceedings against you without any further notice in order to recover the amount due and any costs associated with with the recovery of them. The amount that is claimed may therefore increase both in in terms of costs and any interest that is recoverable.

If you are unsure as to the consequences or the content of this letter then you should seek independent legal advice or contact the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

We trust that you are eager to avoid legal action and therefore look forward to receiving your written response within 14 days. Please quote the above reference number on any correspondence."

Now the complicated part is, due to some issues with the post that is known by the council as well, I have only managed to see this letter yesterday and the letter is dated 31st August.

My question is, what do I do ? How do I proceed?

I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

Any other information needed just ask.
Page 1
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 14th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 1,211 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:22 PM
    Not complicated, but you do need to prepare a letter of response.

I disagree that you need to set out your version of events when they have failed to do so in the letter of claim. It is for them to prove the case, not for you to assist them. I would ask for full details of each incident alleged on the basis that you cannot adequately respond without that.

Once you are at this stage it is quite likely proceedings will be issued.
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    qwertyasd
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:40 PM
    Thank you for your quick reply. Is there a template for that? Or do I just simply write to them and ask for details of each incident? If so, wouldn't it be too late now as its been past those 14 days?
    Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,728 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    Thank you for your quick reply. Is there a template for that? Or do I just simply write to them and ask for details of each incident? If so, wouldn't it be too late now as its been past those 14 days?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by qwertyasd
    You need them to tell you what they are claiming so that you can defend yourself against their claim.
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 5:03 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    qwertyasd
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:03 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:03 PM
    Sorry to be such a pain, I'm really a bit confused right now. Basically you re saying I shouldn't do anything? In the letter that I recevied from them it's stated what I have to pay like each one of the tickets with details with the dates and everything. I'm trying to post the picture of the letter here but it won't let me.

if you re able to have a look at it, here s the link. https:// imgur.com/a/4AK8w

Just remove the space after https.

Thanks
    Last edited by qwertyasd; 14-09-2017 at 5:30 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    Basically you re saying I shouldn't do anything?
    Who said that?

You need them to tell you what they are claiming so that you can defend yourself against their claim.
    you do need to prepare a letter of response.
    This space for hire.
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    qwertyasd
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:18 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:18 PM

How do I do that?

you do need to prepare a letter of response.

Is that to them? Is it a template I can follow?

I'm really sorry, but I ve never been through this so I'm kinda lost.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,728 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    Hide the Our Reference number and all the PCN numbers in that image of the letter.

The PPCs trawl forums looking for evidence.
    Although there is nothing too useful on this thread yet, anything that gets added to this thread can be tied to you and possibly used against you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 5:21 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,728 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:21 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:21 PM

How do I do that?
    By following this suggestion:
    I would ask for full details of each incident alleged on the basis that you cannot adequately respond without that.
    Originally posted by Johnersh
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    qwertyasd
    Thanks for that, Edited now.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Sep 17, 5:26 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    Have you read this?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350585&postcount=2
    This space for hire.
    • qwertyasd
    • By qwertyasd 14th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    qwertyasd
    I would ask for full details of each incident alleged on the basis that you cannot adequately respond without that

Is that where I send a letter to them asking for details? Should I do it online/by phone? Also, the letter should follow any tempalte or just a simple text asking for details?

Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,728 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks for that, Edited now.
    'Our Reference' still showing.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 14th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 11,435 Posts
    • 15,024 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I would ask for full details of each incident alleged on the basis that you cannot adequately respond without that

Is that where I send a letter to them asking for details? Should I do it online/by phone? Also, the letter should follow any tempalte or just a simple text asking for details?

Thanks
    Always do it in writing, letter is probably best - don't send it special delivery or signed for, just get a free certificate of posting (CoP) from the post office, that will do.

There may be a template in the thread linked from the post about court processes in the newbies thread, but I can't remember right now.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

2,290Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin