Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKSBD
    • By UKSBD 14th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 473Posts
    • 148Thanks
    UKSBD
    what happens if you don't finish course
    • 14th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    what happens if you don't finish course 14th Sep 17 at 2:21 PM
    What happens if you start a course but after a few weeks you get a job or you don't like the course and cancel it?

Do you still have to pay the whole 2 years fees, do you have to pay the 1st year, do you pay the 1st term or something else?

Also what happens about student loans and maintenance loans?
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 14th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 18,543 Posts
    • 14,272 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    I'd suggest that if this is a real possibility for you it would be wise to have a very hard think about whether to enrol at all. The Academic Regulations for the course provider will cover your first question, and I'd imagine there will be something on the student loans website about the second.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 15th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    _shel
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    I enrolled on a course and became ill shortly after. I didn't complete the modules or first term. I am having to pay for the first 3 modules and had to return part of the loan and grant they sent me after I left. The rest of the loan I repay as normal.
    Thanks to everyone who posts competitions
    • UKSBD
    • By UKSBD 15th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    UKSBD
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:57 PM
    I enrolled on a course and became ill shortly after. I didn't complete the modules or first term. I am having to pay for the first 3 modules and had to return part of the loan and grant they sent me after I left. The rest of the loan I repay as normal.
    Originally posted by _shel

Thank you

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by modules.

When you say "I am having to pay for the first 3 modules" what does that relate to with regard terms? what percentage of the total course cost did you pay?
    • Lokolo
    • By Lokolo 15th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 19,817 Posts
    • 14,868 Thanks
    Lokolo
    • 15th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    Thank you

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by modules.

When you say "I am having to pay for the first 3 modules" what does that relate to with regard terms? what percentage of the total course cost did you pay?
    Originally posted by UKSBD
    It's down to the universities.

At university you study modules - so usually 8 or so a year. 4 in first term, 4 in second term (usually).

If you drop out pre Christmas, chances are they will charge you for half a year, or if unlucky, the first year.

You would be required to pay back any grants to SLC that you have got that year if you drop out before the end of the academic year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,603Posts Today

9,975Users online

Martin's Twitter