Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PugThe
    • By PugThe 14th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PugThe
    0 WOW
    Viagogo - Rescheduled Event - Credit card refund?
    • 14th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    0 WOW
    Viagogo - Rescheduled Event - Credit card refund? 14th Sep 17 at 2:10 PM
    So I'm being more hopeful here than anything really.

Whilst away in Orlando me and my partner got engaged. As a present, I brought us tickets (credit card) to see our favourite band to celebrate who happened to be in town. The gig was totally sold out and at the time Viagogo were the only option. On this occasion I didn't mind spending more, but would never normally consider using them at all.

Then Hurricane Irma happened. The gig was cancelled and it was the least of my worries at the time of course. Now we're safely home and the gig has been rescheduled for December and obviously we won't be in Florida then.

Viagogo won't refund if my tickets are valid, which they are for the new date. The venue source is offering refunds for tickets, but I didn't buy directly from them but a re-seller. I could try and sell them for face value on a more credible site but naturally I'd like to get the inflated costs back if this is possible.

Is there any way I can claim on this back through Natwest as Viagogo aren't offering refunds if I can't make the new date but the terms of the venue itself say so?

Just trying to be hopeful!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:42 AM
    If you bought them then someone else will.

Why not try viagogo. You can always start high and reduce the price nearer the time

NatWest are unlikely to step in if viagogo are sticking to ts & cs which you agreed when buying the tickets
    • vikingaero
    • By vikingaero 17th Sep 17, 4:10 PM
    • 10,304 Posts
    • 13,004 Thanks
    vikingaero
    • 17th Sep 17, 4:10 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 4:10 PM
    Travel Insurance?
    The man without a signature.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,814Posts Today

5,468Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin