Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lmsmith
    • By Lmsmith 14th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lmsmith
    Speeding ticket with motobility car
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    Speeding ticket with motobility car 14th Sep 17 at 1:24 PM
    So, I got a motobility car in may this year. I have been driving 12 years with no incident s but today I had a speeding ticket in the post I'm so upset, I am a very careful driver and don't intentionally speed any where.

Does anyone know if I get points on my licence will my motobility car be taken away? I don't know what I will do without that car
Page 2
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 16th Sep 17, 7:00 AM
    • 10,696 Posts
    • 6,988 Thanks
    bigadaj
    If it's a consumer contract of insurance, the insurer has to ask.

If it's a business contract of insurance, the policyholder / applicant has to declare anything that may affect the insurer's assessment of risk, even if not asked. Carter vs Boehm applies, it established the legal concept of uberrimae fidei (utmost good faith) in all insurance contracts.

The situation was the same for consumer contracts of insurance until a few years ago, until a new law governing consumer insurance was introduced which meant the precedent no longer applied..
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    Very good, no one is paying your bill for legal advice here though.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 16th Sep 17, 9:07 AM
    • 2,407 Posts
    • 1,566 Thanks
    Car 54
    If only - I got my first (SP30) one in February after 37 years clean licence - Insurance informed mid term as per conditions. had to pay an extra £60 for 7 months of policy left so well over £100 pro rata for 12 months. policy was £402 so thats a 25% increase.
    Over 10 years NCB - only this one SP30 ever (no course ect)
    Originally posted by Indout96
    I may have led a sheltered life, but I've never come across an insurer increasing the premium in mid-term. Which insurer was it?
    • Indout96
    • By Indout96 18th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 1,705 Posts
    • 2,339 Thanks
    Indout96
    The insurance company is Aviva - the SP30 was notified on their site when I received it - I was totally stunned when the premium rose so much.
    Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall.
    Oversteer is when the back of the car hits the wall
    BHP is how fast you hit the wall
    Torque is how far you take the wall after you hit it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,706Posts Today

9,180Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sadly for those buying jointly "Where there are joint purchasers, all purchasers would need to be first-time buyers. "

• First time buyers usually defined as someone who has never owned or part owned a property https://t.co/yM3urZNs8z

• You will not pay stamp duty https://t.co/vHoCWiUXfo

• Follow Martin