Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 14th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    • 1,072Posts
    • 347Thanks
    WLM21
    What sort of digital baby monitor is best ?
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:27 PM
    What sort of digital baby monitor is best ? 14th Sep 17 at 12:27 PM
    Our daughter wants to buy a baby monitor, so she can keep an eye on her daughter while she cooks, cleans etc.

There are a few digital video monitor in the well known stores but all are quite pricey.

Being a money saving site here I was wondering whether there is a better option, perhaps using some sort of camera and a WiFi network.

As a trial we used her phone and mine, both with Wattsapp running and all was well ... just as pity I can't leave my £400 phone with her all the time.

Surely there's some sort of WiFi camera that can send a moving picture to, say a mobile phone or tablet in the same house.

Even the option to send 'via the internet' elsewhere may be useful too, as a form of security.

Any suggestions please.

Many thanks !
Page 1
    • joeypesci
    • By joeypesci 14th Sep 17, 2:06 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    joeypesci
    • 14th Sep 17, 2:06 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 2:06 PM
    If you know someone who can set the WIFI camera or web cam option up for you then yeah. Maybe a laptop that has a camera built it would work, if they have one that they can setup when not in use. But you'd want to make sure it's all secure otherwise others will be able to monitor the camera, if they come across the insecure link.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,363Posts Today

6,930Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin