Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AG47
    • By AG47 14th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 593Posts
    • 143Thanks
    AG47
    Best fruit trees for permanant greenhouse
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    Best fruit trees for permanant greenhouse 14th Sep 17 at 10:38 AM
    Which fruit trees (or vines) produce the most crop for the least space?

I'm going to be growing oranges, few different varieties

And Papia and what else for a great quality green house for growing tropical semi tropical fruits?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Page 1
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 14th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 26,013 Posts
    • 32,901 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    Maybe an idea of the size of the greenhouse would help people guide you.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • Waterlily24
    • By Waterlily24 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    Waterlily24
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    We've got a grape vine in our greenhouse, it was left in the old greenhouse when we moved here. It was a huge greenhouse but falling down lol. We bought a new greenhouse, no where near as big as the old one but big enough. The grapevine seems to take over though and we have to cut it back a lot.
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 15th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 3,709 Posts
    • 7,471 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    Don't forget, with a grapevine, you don't need to keep it all in the greenhouse. Keep the roots in there, and the early growth will be protected. Let a stem or two run out of a (broken or removed) window, and it will grow rampant.

Very effective, a Georgian favourite
    • Farway
    • By Farway 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 5,499 Posts
    • 6,717 Thanks
    Farway
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    Don't forget, with a grapevine, you don't need to keep it all in the greenhouse. Keep the roots in there, and the early growth will be protected. Let a stem or two run out of a (broken or removed) window, and it will grow rampant.

Very effective, a Georgian favourite
    Originally posted by DaftyDuck
    I think you will find it is the other way round, roots outside, saves watering, with growth in side for fruit protection & early ripening
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,931Posts Today

5,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin