Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HPG1
    • By HPG1 14th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HPG1
    Halifax Clarity Card Interest and Cashback
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    Halifax Clarity Card Interest and Cashback 14th Sep 17 at 10:34 AM
    I have a Halifax Reward Current account and Clarity Mastercard. Utilizing their Cashback Extras, I activated their 10% cashback for Harveys Furniture in August as I had seen a sofa that I wanted to buy. As the purchase would be over £1000, I opted to use the credit card to pay for the purchase online on 29th August 2017 and I am due £100 in cashback (I also used Topcashback and I am due another £82 - result!!)

As my statement has now been produced, dated 3 September 2017 it states that my next months estimated interest will be £16.85. Whenever I use the card, I pay it off in full before the statement is produced but I will not be able to do the same this time round.

My question is should I transfer the balance now onto my other card; I have Barclays Freedom Rewards with a minimal balance at 1.9% transfer fee and if so, would I jeopardise my cashback which is due to be paid this month.

As interest is being charged daily, I am quite keen to move the balance but not if it will affect the cashback. I have paid some off already and by the time the payment is due on 28 September, the balance remaining would be £800. If I transfer then, the fee would be £15.20 at 1.9%. I had planned on moving the balance anyway but I did not think about the cashback side of things.

Apologies if I have posted this in wrong place but as it involves my current account and credit card, I was unsure.

Thanks in advance!
    HPG1
Page 1
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 14th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    The transfer would be classified as a payment so has no relevance to the cashback
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,575Posts Today

9,799Users online

Martin's Twitter