Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wendygn1
    • By wendygn1 14th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 4Thanks
    wendygn1
    Person in chain keeps moving the completion date, advice?
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:09 AM
    Person in chain keeps moving the completion date, advice? 14th Sep 17 at 10:09 AM
    We were supposed to be moving at the end of August. Someone in the chain said that they couldn't move then, so the new date was agreed, which was the 8th September. Everyone was ready to move and we were waiting exchange. I have been onto my solicitor and estate agent on a daily basis.
    The 8th Sept came and went, we were given a new date of the 15th Sept. everyone agreed, apart from this one person in the chain who keeps moving the goalposts.
    The new date of the 26th September was suggested and the solicitor said that he would try and get his client to agree on 22nd September, but his client won't budge from the 26th September.
    This was on Tuesday and I'm still waiting to exchange. I spoke to my solicitor yesterday who said she's been too busy to speak to the other persons solicitor. I need to exchange so that this date can't be changed again.
    Can the person in the chain keep moving the goal posts or will there come a time when the solicitor will say to him that enough is enough?
    Also because we were going to be moving at the end of August and I was paying by cheque, my solicitor asked for the full house payment, her fees and the estate agent fees. This is so it would give her enough time for the cheque to clear.
    So basically I'm squatting in my current house and I own the house that I've yet to move into. I am also losing interest on the money that could have been in my account, but is now in the hands of my solicitor.
    The person that is causing the delay is The vendor of the house that my vendor is buying. Everyone else in the chain has been ready to move since the 8th September. My seller has lost her deposit on her removal company because she booked the 8th Sept to secure the booking.
    Any advice will be greatly received, thank you
    Last edited by wendygn1; 14-09-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Page 2
    • LandyAndy
    • By LandyAndy 14th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 23,834 Posts
    • 50,484 Thanks
    LandyAndy
    Thanks for all your responses I've just spoken to my solicitor and everyone has agreed on the 26th September, so just waiting to exchange now
    Originally posted by wendygn1
    Fingers crossed for you. Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin