Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kk20
    • By kk20 14th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 122Posts
    • 42Thanks
    kk20
    remortgaging with additional borrowing
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    remortgaging with additional borrowing 14th Sep 17 at 9:16 AM
    Im looking to remortgage a property (end of fixed deal) that already has additional borrowing. The loan has two components with slightly different repayment times. original loan on 18yr and additional borrowing on 18yr1mnt.

If I remortgage to another company I assume both components are rolled up into one. Is there a way of keeping the components separate? Am I right in thinking this might only be possible when remortgaging through the original lender as new lenders will simply roll both up into one sum?

This is for tax relief purposes on the original property loan (the additional borrowing was unrelated to the property and not eligible for relief)
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 14th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 15,406 Posts
    • 7,790 Thanks
    ACG
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    Is part of it for a BTL? If so, that tax relief benefit is being phased out over the next 2-3 years.

But to answer your question, there are some lenders who will allow split products/terms. You would need to speak to the lenders or a broker to do it on your behalf.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • kk20
    • By kk20 14th Sep 17, 10:05 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    kk20
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:05 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:05 AM
    due to my earnings level/income tax rate it will make little difference with the new 20% credit.

If it is a possibility (outside my current vendor, who is "ok" regards to rates but not "top tier") I think i'll need to look at a broker anyway (or talk to providers of interest).
    Last edited by kk20; 14-09-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,710Posts Today

9,024Users online

Martin's Twitter