Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Boohoo
    • By Boohoo 14th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    • 506Posts
    • 38Thanks
    Boohoo
    Advice on Yale EF-Kit2 set up.
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:52 AM
    Advice on Yale EF-Kit2 set up. 14th Sep 17 at 8:52 AM
    Hello.
    I will be trying to fit this wirefree alarm over the weekend but i need some help on where to fit the pir's and door contacts.
    1. The alarm has a Home Arm mode where you can have parts of the house armed but you can move about without setting of the alarm.
    2. For this option i would like to use at night but the manual to me is not too clear. I would like to have the back/side door and conservatory door to be armed but not the pir's.
    3. Also the manual states about the last door entry/exit for setting the alarm but i dont want to have a door sensor on the front door as i was going to put a pir in the hallway.
    4. As for fitting a pir in the hallway facing the front door will the post person putting my post through the letterbox set off the pir and then the siren?
    5. I have looked at the manual and Yale video's and they seem to be contradicting advice as one manual says fit control/keypad first then extras and siren box but the video says put the siren up first then control/keypad so i don't know what to do and i don't want to do the siren 1st and it keeps going of as i try to install it.
    I did do a Paint drawing to insert in this post but it wont let me.

Thanks for any tips you may have for me.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,132Posts Today

4,612Users online

Martin's Twitter