Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Echowitch
    • By Echowitch 14th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Echowitch
    Welcome Direct Auto Finance PPI before 2005
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    Welcome Direct Auto Finance PPI before 2005 14th Sep 17 at 7:33 AM
    I have just finished paying off my Welcome Finance car HP loan (long story) from 2003. There is about £3500 of PPI on it and "Breakdown Cover" which I did not want and the dodgy salesman at Yes Car Credit in Portsmouth where I bought the car told me I "HAD TO HAVE IT" and that if I didn't have it I couldn't have the car. As my old car has destroyed itself unexpectedly I had to have a car.

I have had a Claims Management company and the FSCS tell me "No we can't claim before 2005".

Is there any way to claim my blatantly mis-sold PPI back ? Having just had to deal with the costs of my mother in law dying from cancer (who had no money so we had to foot the bill for her care and funeral) and having an autistic child to care for it would really help to get that money back.

I have all of the original paper work and have witnesses who will confirm that the salesman refused to give me the loan unless I took it with the PPI and Breakdown Cover (I didn't want either and even pointed out that I had RAC cover already so why on earth would I want Breakdown Cover)

Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Sep 17, 8:26 AM
    • 13,126 Posts
    • 13,428 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:26 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:26 AM
    No. It's pre regulation.
    • Echowitch
    • By Echowitch 14th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Echowitch
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:50 AM
    Well that sucks like an industrial vacuum pump
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 19,242 Posts
    • 9,357 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:43 PM
    have witnesses who will confirm that the salesman refused to give me the loan unless I took it with the PPI and Breakdown Cover
    Originally posted by Echowitch
    Witness testimony is only taken into account in a court. Even if your friends and family were willing to swear an oath to that effect, do you really think they would be regarded as independent witnesses?

You've said you've employed a Claims Management Company (why?) and approached FSCS who have both told you that you can't progress your complaint.

Time now to move on from this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,844Posts Today

8,575Users online

Martin's Twitter