Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dan the ram
    • By dan the ram 14th Sep 17, 7:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dan the ram
    Car insurance claim - damaged property how does it affect?
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:14 AM
    Car insurance claim - damaged property how does it affect? 14th Sep 17 at 7:14 AM
    Hi,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice, I recently had an at fault accident with myself and someone's wall!

I'm claiming for the damage of my car on the insurance, should I claim for the wall too or pay for it to be fixed privately? Will claiming for damage of property affect my insurance differently?

There's not much damage to the wall and a builder lives next door so it's easily fixable.

Will the claim get lumped together or will the damage to property part of the claim have a greater effect? This is my first at fault claim.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 14th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:33 AM
    It'll get lumped in together. Claim value rarely (if ever) effects premium increase.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,244Posts Today

8,158Users online

Martin's Twitter