Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wilce394
    • By Wilce394 14th Sep 17, 2:21 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wilce394
    utility warehouse nightmare help please
    • 14th Sep 17, 2:21 AM
    utility warehouse nightmare help please 14th Sep 17 at 2:21 AM
    Hi i switched energy supplier from Scottish power to utility warehouse in November. I was on key meter with Scottish power spending around £25 a week. The minute i put the key from utility warehouse in the meter with £5 credit on something happened. The credit ran out after 2 hours. I put another £5 on and again it used it all up within two hours. It then used the £5 emergency credit again so by 7pm i was stuck with no electric. I borrowed some money and put more on the meter. I phoned utility warehouse the next day and asked what the heck was going on. They blamed my storage heaters. now please bear in mind that i had my storage heaters on full time with Scottish power and the maximum cost was £25 a week. After a lot of hassle and £260 worth of electric in a month they finally installed a new meter. Once this was done they admitted that they had put me on a single rate tariff instead of economy 7 but we wouldn't have a problem now because there was a new credit meter, I felt so relieved until my first months bill came in. They had charged me £193.10 for 28 days worth of electric. i queried this straight away. I was told its my storage heaters although i haven't had them on since the new meter was installed so i know its not that, and again i haven't changed anything or my routine since switching from Scottish power.

In 28 days they have told me i used 357 day units @ 16.637p and 1993 night units at 6.300p. I dont even believe a drug dealer would use that amount of electricity growing his plants!! The following two months were billed around the same. No matter how many times i complain they just dont listen and blame it on me. The meter itself is reading the wrong time. every time ive done meter readings withing hours of each other they all read at a steady rate so i believe my meter is faulty and just jumps up whenever it feels like it but UW are still refusing to come out and check.

I am at my wits end so any advice is greatly appreciated. I just dont understand how i could go from paying £25 a week with storage heaters on to over £50 a week with no storage heaters on
    Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

742Posts Today

6,165Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin