Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • worried123
    • By worried123 13th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 282Posts
    • 97Thanks
    worried123
    juniveve scam
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    juniveve scam 13th Sep 17 at 11:18 PM
    I did post in the credit card section regarding this a while back but the problem continues and i am so angry and wonder whether anybody can tell me who i can get in touch with...i have googled trading standards but it seems to be for different areas..

basically i saw an online ad offering a free trial of a face cream costing £4.95 for postage....i didnt think to google the company beforehand.....I am sooooo angry...sorry....they also had a serum as well but i did not order that....put in my credit card details.....stupidly.

I have contacted barclaycard explaining the whole thing and they are monitoring it. I didnt read the very faded out small print saying they would bill me £44 for each product plus 4.95 on each for postage every month from now on and would actually bill me for the `free samples` as well....

I tried to ring them but their number is just a voice mail telling you to hang on (american voices) and then you are cut off.....i sent a furious email telling them that i did not ask for the serum sample and i did not want the cream. They mailed back saying that the order had gone to their warehouse and they could not cancel it as it was too late......this was on the 5th and yet the package was posted to me on the 11th......Prior to this they sent me a automatically generated email saying that if i had changed my mind about the product i SHOULD NOT (in capitals) contact my bank first as i would be held for `friendly fraud and blacklisted for using credit again`.........

They told me that when my products arrived i should let them know and they will send me a return authorisation code and details of how to return the products. It came by normal post - no signature......what has infuriated me is that i have played into their scrupulous hands by telling them the product has arrived and asking for details of how to send it back and they have simply sent me a confirmation order number....`B******s` (sorry - i am sooo angry.)

On googling there are other stories of this company...they say that if you manage to return the product they say they have not received it....My bank have told me they have used two different names for the two transactions.........they are unscrupulous to the highest order and i am fuming...stuck with these products that i do not want...furious at their underhand tactics...angrier with myself for falling for it.

When they stated they would send me a return authorisation code when i received the product they also said that i had until 25th of this month and they would bill me....(£110 !!!) which is what they intend to bill me with every single month whilst sending me more of their cream....forgive me but i am so very angry......and its so frustrating because you cannot get hold of anybody to scream at them.

Could anybody tell me who i can contact about this situation......trading standards etc.....is there a basic central trading standards....i can only find them covering areas specifically........thank you, sorry for ranting.
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 14th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    • 824 Posts
    • 549 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    Where in the world is this company based?

Original thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704047
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 1:21 AM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:21 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:21 AM
    Why does the problem continue?

On your other thread you told us that barclaycard were wonderful and had resolved the issue.

Was it really Barclaycard you spoke to, or was it your card issuer?

Never mind who you spoke to then, speak to your card issuer now.
    Tell them you want them to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority and you expect a chargeback of the recently taken sums.

Have you yet cancelled your order with this company?
    Look at all your emails from them to find out how to do so.
    Don't ring. You need proof of having cancelled.

It doesn't help that you have used two different spellings for this company in your posts.
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 14th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 27,311 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:44 AM
    I take it the cream does not get rid of the vanity wrinkles!
    Watching the trail
    of cheap supermarket bags filled with a lfe gone by
    • worried123
    • By worried123 14th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    worried123
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    Where in the world is this company based?

Original thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704047
    Originally posted by dj1471
    They do not have an address....i managed to get in touch with customer service today and they have given me numbers to send back the cream and serum but i have to pay the postage...on an item that i cancelled immediately but they said it was too late to cancel on the 5th and shipped it on the 11th and on the serum which i did not order....they also state that if it isn't received within 7 days they will bill me for the £110...i am furious..they are so unscrupulous.....
    • worried123
    • By worried123 14th Sep 17, 12:12 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    worried123
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:12 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:12 PM
    I take it the cream does not get rid of the vanity wrinkles!
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    i doubt the cream gets rid of anything except your sanity
    • worried123
    • By worried123 14th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    worried123
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:17 PM
    Why does the problem continue?

On your other thread you told us that barclaycard were wonderful and had resolved the issue.

Was it really Barclaycard you spoke to, or was it your card issuer?

Never mind who you spoke to then, speak to your card issuer now.
    Tell them you want them to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority and you expect a chargeback of the recently taken sums.

Have you yet cancelled your order with this company?
    Look at all your emails from them to find out how to do so.
    Don't ring. You need proof of having cancelled.

It doesn't help that you have used two different spellings for this company in your posts.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Probably my mistake spelling their name..barclaycard have been great but the company are still being a nightmare....i am stuck with this product that needs sending back and i have to pay the postage.....and they assume that whilst i am in receipt of their unwanted goods they still have a right to take money from my account.....i would like this company exposed and dealt with as i am appalled by their trading methods which cannot be legal - i have forbidden them to touch my bank account as it would be no less than stealing.....i am just so angry by them...they are beyond unscrupulous and i feel that surely this shouldnt be allowed to continue.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 14th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 15,177 Posts
    • 20,633 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    Probably my mistake spelling their name..barclaycard have been great but the company are still being a nightmare....i am stuck with this product that needs sending back and i have to pay the postage.....and they assume that whilst i am in receipt of their unwanted goods they still have a right to take money from my account.....i would like this company exposed and dealt with as i am appalled by their trading methods which cannot be legal - i have forbidden them to touch my bank account as it would be no less than stealing.....i am just so angry by them...they are beyond unscrupulous and i feel that surely this shouldnt be allowed to continue.
    Originally posted by worried123
    You do need to return it though...

I would send it back at your own expense with tracking then if you can prove it has been returned, your bank should charge back any future payments they try and take.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    OK, good rant, but you have only addressed one point in my post - spelling - and even then you say your spelling mistake was probably your fault. It cannot be anyone else's fault, can it?

What about the other points I made?

Unless you address them, I am inclined to think this thread would be better placed on the Praise Vents and Warnings board.

Are you looking for help or not?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 14th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1,214 Posts
    • 2,577 Thanks
    IAmWales
    I'm always amazed that people will put any old guff on their face just because it's (nearly) free. You got off lightly here OP, goodness knows what is in this cream.
    • worried123
    • By worried123 15th Sep 17, 10:34 AM
    • 282 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    worried123
    Pink shoes...yes i am sending it back today tracked.....thank you....

Kieth p - I have done the things that i should do - my bank ahe been very good....I however wanted to know how i could report this company ......heaven knows how many people they are ripping off.
    I did read that the CEO of the bank of scotland had urged regulators to take action over people like this......they get 400 complaints a day about people using these selling methods.

I did interview a police officer with my work today and this problem was mentioned - he told me to report to trading standards but i dont know how to as it appears to cover `areas`....the po box for return is ruislip but no mention of the company address.

I honestly am so angry that people like this are `allowed` to operate in this way - its criminal and its stealing in my book.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...he told me to report to trading standards but i dont know how to...
    It's really not difficult:

Ignore the bit that says "Calls to the helpline cost up to 9p per minute from a landline".
    It's simply not true.
    Calls to '03' numbers cost exactly the same as '01' and '02' numbers from all UK telephone systems.
    • worried123
    • By worried123 15th Sep 17, 7:26 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    worried123
    many thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin