Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beddo
    • By beddo 13th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 21Thanks
    beddo
    Cryptocurrency faucets
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    Cryptocurrency faucets 13th Sep 17 at 10:24 PM
    Hi out there,
    There's a couple of threads here and there on crypto currencies such as Bitcoin. I'm not wanting to start a conversation on that or mining. I'm wondering if anyone here has played with faucets. For those who don't know, faucets give out minute amounts of crypto currencies to people on the basis of ad payments.
    I know that just doing it by visiting the faucets will make a very low amount of money, but I'm interested to see how it works so I've been playing with a few. I'm keeping track of them on a website and making notes on them but the forum won't let me post any links.
    I'm hoping some other people may have tried this out and have some other suggestions, maybe other currencies than just Bitcoin?
Page 1
    • beddo
    • By beddo 17th Sep 17, 11:02 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    beddo
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:02 AM
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:02 AM
    That's a no then I guess!
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 17th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    sonicology
    • 17th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 4:13 PM
    I'm interested in these, for the novelty if nothing else. I know next to nothing about them though, so I guess I'll have to do some "research" (ie Googling) later on at some point.

How have your experiences on them been so far, are they worth the time spent and risk of exposing my computer to malware on dodgy websites?
    • beddo
    • By beddo 23rd Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    beddo
    • 23rd Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    One last try, I'm not sure why replies to the thread keep going missing when there's no links or anything in them. Hopefully we'll be allowed to discuss faucets or at least be given a formal statement if talking about them is unacceptable.

From what I can tell, a lot of the faucets are mostly novelty and pay out so little it isn't worth it. There are ways to boost earnings (lotterys/offerwalls) and a handful of the faucets actually give out ok amounts.

There must be money in the advertising side and running your own faucet but that's obviously a different ball game altogether. It is tempting to have a go..

I've started looking at different currencies than Bitcoin as well - there are loads of Bitcoin faucets but most have low payouts. Dogecoin faucets seems to do better at payouts and I'm waiting to see about others, Litecoin is looking promising but there are less faucets for things like Blackcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash currently..
    • zzzt
    • By zzzt 23rd Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    zzzt
    • 23rd Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 7:45 PM
    Most of them give out such minute amounts that it really isn't worth your time. The cost of electricity when visiting the webpage on a computer would probably cost more than you make.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,270Posts Today

9,487Users online

Martin's Twitter