Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mucker2308
    • By mucker2308 13th Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 8Thanks
    mucker2308
    premier parking rejected appeal
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:05 PM
    premier parking rejected appeal 13th Sep 17 at 10:05 PM
    So we have just received a rejected appeal from Premier Parking, see below, this is what i sent them on an email for the both of us.

I am writing regarding a recent ticket myself and my mother in law have both received on the same day minutes apart.

We stayed in a property on holiday so we were not familiar with the area and we were advised it was fine to park outside the house by the owner.
    When we arrived there, the house front was on a road with 2 yellow lines and was very busy, we then decided to use the car park at the back of the property which backs onto it. My mother in law is disabled so first of all we needed a good point for her to get out the car, we then unloaded our cars with the luggage as quick as we could and then proceeded to a different car park for a week stay.

We thought we were ok to be in the car park to access the property we were staying in and as we didn't park up in a space as there was also none available, we didn't think a ticket was necessary otherwise one would have been purchased.

My self and my mother in law/father in law have both received a ticket and as you can imagine when receiving the tickets we were gobsmacked, I am writing to contest the parking charge.

My mother in law/father in law are .....

Sooo 1. I definitely regret not finding this forum before sending them this email, 2. I dont know what to do can someone please help!

thank you
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 15,486 Posts
    • 19,571 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    you should not have sent any "explanations"

they dont care about "what happened" , they have no interest at all

they only care about extorting the maximum amount of money from as many people as they can sc@m , 24/7/365

its a money making unregulated sc@mmers paradise of an industry

the NEWBIES sticky thread deals with all the advice you need

if they issued popla codes, start drafting popla appeals

and also contact the landholder asap and try to get the invoices cancelled
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 1,823 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:27 PM
    OP, I hope you haven't told them who the drivers were.

From your post it looks as thought you might've done.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    • 14,476 Posts
    • 22,758 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:59 PM
    as you can imagine when receiving the tickets we were gobsmacked
    If you're appealing this further to POPLA, I think I'd avoid such technical expressions.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mucker2308
    • By mucker2308 14th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mucker2308
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:32 PM
    thank you,I have looked through the information and feel KeithP is right, I have shot ourselves in the foot, do you think this has blow my chances? Or is it still worth pursing?

thanks again for your help
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 17, 7:46 PM
    • 14,476 Posts
    • 22,758 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:46 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 7:46 PM
    You can still win this at POPLA on a number of other possible issues. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 3 which tells you how to go about doing so. In it you will find ready written templates to cover the main appeal points that win at POPLA. Use them to form the basis of your overall appeal.

If you've identified the driver, then you can't obviously use the 'No Keeper Liability' element.

Draft your appeal, then post it here for critique and fine tuning before submitting. Do not miss your POPLA deadline.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • mucker2308
    • By mucker2308 14th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    mucker2308
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    thank you i need to convince my mother in law it is worth pursing, i will show her these threads and hopefully get her to appeal with me also.

I will be back soon with a template
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,513Posts Today

7,684Users online

Martin's Twitter