Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sidlawrence89
    • By sidlawrence89 13th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sidlawrence89
    ticket in a staff car park I am registered to use - please help!
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    ticket in a staff car park I am registered to use - please help! 13th Sep 17 at 9:35 PM
    I work in a hospital and am registered to use the hospital car park [I had to hand in a form with registration details etc when I started the job and received a paper permit to display].

The staff only car park requires me to swipe my hospital ID badge before the barrier will let me in [or out], which I duly did when starting my 13 hour shift. This is also the method by which we pay for parking - the money comes out of your paycheck on a monthly basis depending on your usage.

Unfortunately my permit fell off the dashboard, and I returned to a parking charge courtesy of Minster Baywatch. I innocently appealed explaining the above however they rejected.
    Stupidly I gave them my name when filling in the form. This all occurred at the end of June - I ignored them out of anger but now feel I should probably do something having had a letter in the post asking me to pay up!
    I have a 10 digit popla code which doesnt work on their website.
    I feel sickened by their behaviour as it just seems so wrong on so many levels.

I would greatly appreciate any advice! Thank you.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 33,319 Posts
    • 17,241 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    Shame you ignored the popla stage

You are now in the debt collectors stage (see the newbies faq thread for the game you are caught up in)

Keep on at the hospital to get it cancelled (see also if your union rep will help)

Wait and see if you get court action and come back for advise at that time if it comes.

If you have used your real name as your board name then ask mse to change it to something anonymous. The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 15,572 Posts
    • 24,322 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    Stupidly I gave them my name when filling in the form.
    What's the problem with that? They'd have acquired it anyway from the DVLA.

I have a 10 digit popla code which doesnt work on their website.
    Have you run out of time (28 - 30 days after the date of their rejection letter which included your POPLA code) or for some other reason?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sidlawrence89
    • By sidlawrence89 13th Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sidlawrence89
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:17 PM
    Yes ran out of time although the rejection letter was an email attachment not postal but I guess that counts.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    • 15,572 Posts
    • 24,322 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:25 PM
    Yes ran out of time although the rejection letter was an email attachment not postal but I guess that counts.
    Originally posted by sidlawrence89
    Thanks for confirmation. I refer you back to Quentin's advice in post #2.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 13th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    • 5,689 Posts
    • 7,159 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    As you pay for a service I would think this service contract will supersede any third party contract with the parking firm.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

284Posts Today

1,431Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin