Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 13th Sep 17, 9:22 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Wynne92
    I have a valid ticket
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:22 PM
    I have a valid ticket 13th Sep 17 at 9:22 PM
    I have today received a Parking Charge Notice,Notice to Keeper letter from Excel parking.
    It refers to 2/9/17 when a vehicle a was parked in a car park which they have listed as PRIVATE LAND.It is a car park on a small retail park.The reason for issue is 83) Parked without clearly displaying a valid ticket/permit.The charge is £100.There is a valid ticket with the car registration on for this particular occasion of parking which I have in my possession. It was displayed on the dashboard but may not have been the right way around.I will obviously be appealing this Notice but would appreciate some advice as to how to go about it.I did wade through lots of posts but none of them seemed to refer to incidents where there was a valid ticket.
    I have attempted to login to the account of "myparking charge.co.uk" and although there is a button to pay ,when I go to the lodge an appeal site it asks for login details including a passcode...nowhere on the letter or on the site can I find any reference to a passcode so I am unable to go any further.
    Last edited by Wynne92; 13-09-2017 at 9:27 PM. Reason: further info
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:27 PM
    I.I did wade through lots of posts but none of them seemed to refer to incidents where there was a valid ticket.
    Originally posted by Wynne92

The newbies faq thread starts by pointing out that all these cases are the same - forget the detail!

Go there again and read through the advice there on how and when to appeal.
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 13th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:57 PM
    I have just submitted an online appeal..however when looking at the photographic evidence .There are a series of photographs over at least a ten minute span,the last of which is a photo of a Notice placed under the windscreen wiper.The driver was unaware of this.
    Having read the forums am I right in thinking that the letter I received today was sent too soon.I had already sent my appeal just prior to noticing this.Which way should I pursue it now?
    Last edited by Wynne92; 13-09-2017 at 11:00 PM. Reason: sanitising
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 11:04 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:04 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:04 PM
    Have you read the newbies FAQ thread?

If so you will know the futility of sppeals to IPC companies

Now wait and see if they take legal action against you. Come back for advice on how to defend it if they do.

Ignore debt collectors throughout
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 13th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    I have a valid ticket.
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 PM
    Thank you for your advice,I apologise if as a newbie I sound silly or that I have not read the relevant posts.Please consider though that I am a newbie...you are obviously very au fait with all this and it is second nature to you.I know you must get very fed up answering the same questions again and again .
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 821 Posts
    • 947 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:13 AM
    Yes, which is why there is a newbies thread to explain this to you. Youre expected to read it and understand it, and come back only if yo uhave something novel
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 14th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    Really!!!!!
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    How rude can you get...absolutely no need for that input at all.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,107 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:59 PM
    I have just submitted an online appeal..however when looking at the photographic evidence .There are a series of photographs over at least a ten minute span, the last of which is a photo of a Notice placed under the windscreen wiper.The driver was unaware of this.

Having read the forums am I right in thinking that the letter I received today was sent too soon.I had already sent my appeal just prior to noticing this.Which way should I pursue it now?
    It will be a 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' piece of paper that says 'this is not a parking charge notice'!

Search the forum for the words I've bolded, to see what's been said about this scam. The DVLA were not keen on the fake PCN trick Excel play, but they've been persuaded that it's OK because the IPC are going to 'update the Code' to allow for it!

Nothing changes the fact this modus operandi (and the wording of the NTK) do not comply with the POFA so we hope the driver wasn't named or implied in the appeal. Keeper can't be held liable but the IAS is not worth trying, so ignore.

Come back if you get a small claim later on, and keep all letters.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 14-09-2017 at 6:02 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 15th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    Thank You
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    Thank you so much for your helpful and polite comment on my post.I appreciate your time and input,if only everyone on this site could be as courteous as you.
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 24th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    Didn't pay the fine and didn't appeal to the IAS.No debt collector letters but today have received a NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS. This states I must pay by 3rd Nov or face being taken to court...lots of info and veiled threats about how this will affect my credit rating.Also quotes Beavis judgement.Looks like its going to be court for me.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 947 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    It isnt a fine

WHat was the date on the letter? Does it meet the new Pre Action Protocol requirements as from 1st October? Assuming it claims to be a letter before claim somewhere, then it a) has to comply and b) you HAVE to reply.

There are a ton of exampls of LBA responses for 01.10.2017 onwards letters on here. First page.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,107 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is it from BW Legal, or from Excel?

Please show us the letter, as we doubt it complies with the October CPR for pre-action protocol (debt cases).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 24th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 2,699 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    There is a new pre-action protocol on small debt claims which came into force on 1 October.
    They must comply with it.
    This may be yet another debt collector letter masquerading as a LBC
    Which solicitors is it from? And what’s the reference on the letter?
    • HeatonGuy
    • By HeatonGuy 24th Oct 17, 2:03 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    HeatonGuy
    So to clarify, you have a Letter of Claim (LBCCC) for a ticket you received only a month ago?

Who is it from an what does it actually say?
    • Snakes Belly
    • By Snakes Belly 24th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Snakes Belly
    I think that it is the same as I have had. Notice of Intending Court Proceeding. Starts "We are disappointed" IanJFergie has also had similar from their other company. They have not followed the protocols. They cannot start Court proceedings for at least 60 days. They should send you some forms which you have 30 days to return. They cannot start proceedings until 30 days after the return of the forms. That's my understanding but I am no expert.

I think what they are trying is to get the money in quickly and hope that most people will not query it. They are going to be very disappointed with some of us.
    Last edited by Snakes Belly; 24-10-2017 at 3:38 PM.
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 24th Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    The Letter is from Excel parking dated 20/10/17 referring to a parking charge notice from 2/9/17.I appealed at the time but it was turned down.(I have valid ticket but had inadvertently put it on display face down,I sent them a picture of it but they still wanted me to pay £60)The letter is as Snakes belly states above and starts with the "We are disappointed that you have failed to pay the outstanding parking charge notice"
    They then list reasons why I should pay, suchas having a CCJ will affect my ability to get credit and surprisingly I thought,it will affect my employability!!!!!!
    I agree that it is shock tactics trying to get me to pay up.
    • HeatonGuy
    • By HeatonGuy 25th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    HeatonGuy
    This is NOT a Letter of Claim, it's the first stage of their "Debt Collection" process. If you haven't gone to the IPC/IAS, and it is more than 21 days since they rejected your appeal then ignore it.

If it is LESS than 21 days since the rejection letter, or you have made an IAS appeal, then a complaint to the IPC is in order, not that they will do anything, but it shows that you are conducting yourself reasonably.
    Last edited by HeatonGuy; 26-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    • logician
    • By logician 25th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    logician
    The Letter is from Excel parking dated 20/10/17 referring to a parking charge notice from 2/9/17.I appealed at the time but it was turned down.(I have valid ticket but had inadvertently put it on display face down,I sent them a picture of it but they still wanted me to pay £60)The letter is as Snakes belly states above and starts with the "We are disappointed that you have failed to pay the outstanding parking charge notice"
    They then list reasons why I should pay, suchas having a CCJ will affect my ability to get credit and surprisingly I thought,it will affect my employability!!!!!!
    I agree that it is shock tactics trying to get me to pay up.
    When did you submit the appeal and what date was their rejection letter?

Excel typically take between 38-35 days to answer any appeal and you are supposed to have 21 days to then consider appealing to the IAS

Their "Final Notice" is another demand and not part of the formal letter before claim process.
    • logician
    • By logician 25th Oct 17, 11:33 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    logician
    It will be a 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' piece of paper that says 'this is not a parking charge notice'!

Search the forum for the words I've bolded, to see what's been said about this scam. The DVLA were not keen on the fake PCN trick Excel play, but they've been persuaded that it's OK because the IPC are going to 'update the Code' to allow for it!

Nothing changes the fact this modus operandi (and the wording of the NTK) do not comply with the POFA so we hope the driver wasn't named or implied in the appeal. Keeper can't be held liable but the IAS is not worth trying, so ignore.

Come back if you get a small claim later on, and keep all letters.

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Yes apparently the notice slapped on the windscreen is an "advisory or warning note" according to Excel and VCS and definitely not a parking charge notice, this is despite the reference number on the postal notice to keeper being identical as the windscreen "advisory" notice.
    • Wynne92
    • By Wynne92 27th Oct 17, 3:01 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wynne92
    I submitted my appeal on 13/9/17 and they rejected it on 21/9/17.I didn't bother with the appeal to IAS as all indications on the thread were that it was a futile exercise .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

648Posts Today

5,077Users online

Martin's Twitter