Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 13th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 4,280Posts
    • 34,571Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Oh no, bitter courgettes!
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    Oh no, bitter courgettes! 13th Sep 17 at 8:48 PM
    Hi

I made a big veggie lasagne for tea but some of the courgette that I used (donated by a work colleague) was really bitter and tasted awful. I am loathe to throw it out, the intention was to eat half and freeze the rest but I guess it cant be rescued. There is a lot of courgette in there.

Stupid question but should I have been able to tell somehow that this courgette was going to taste bad or have I just been unlucky?
Page 1
    • rach_k
    • By rach_k 13th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 1,007 Posts
    • 1,711 Thanks
    rach_k
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    When courgettes are bitter, I find salting them well makes them taste amazing so could you try that?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

542Posts Today

6,106Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Do you agree with @TfL's decision not to reissue Uber's licence on grounds including falling to report serous crimes.

• RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Follow Martin