Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3card
    • By 3card 13th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    • 152Posts
    • 53Thanks
    3card
    Adding a new radiator to an existing system
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:42 PM
    Adding a new radiator to an existing system 13th Sep 17 at 8:42 PM
    Hi all

I have just purchased a house to rent out and would like to add a radiator to the bathroom because there isnt any heating in there even though the rest of the house as a fully fitted central heating system.

My questions is that the boiler is fitted in the bathroom and being as the floor is tiled and wanted as little disruption as possible i was wondering if i could pipe the new radiator directly from the piping from the boiler that feeds the existing central heating system?

I am not looking to do this myself but before i call in a plumber i was wondering i was missing a reason why its not as simple as i want it to be?

TIA
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 13th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 592 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:05 PM
    If you have a combi boiler it will be fine, the radiator will have to be balanced to stop all the heat going to that radiator, it will be opened just enough to allow it to work.
    • 3card
    • By 3card 13th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    3card
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    If you have a combi boiler it will be fine, the radiator will have to be balanced to stop all the heat going to that radiator, it will be opened just enough to allow it to work.
    Originally posted by Alex1983
    Thanks very much for the reply

Yes the boiler is a combi boiler so hopefully it a much easier job

Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

263Posts Today

1,154Users online

Martin's Twitter