Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 13th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 15,321Posts
    • 20,871Thanks
    pinkshoes
    Partial refund
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    Partial refund 13th Sep 17 at 8:16 PM
    Is there an easy way to send a partial refund to someone on eBay?

I sold a widget but a small extra widget pictured in the auction could not be send with the main widget.

The buyer is not wanting the extra widget, but I would like to offer a small partial refund.

How do I do this??
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Page 1
    • challengedavid
    • By challengedavid 13th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    challengedavid
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    the last time i did a partial i had to do it through paypal as i could not do it via ebay, hope that helps
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    Partial refunds are best done via Paypal. If it gets to anything near 80% of the purchase price then it is best to go back to Paypal and assess your best route.

You won't get any eBay fee refund, but Paypal will do a pro rata fees reimbursement.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 13th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 15,321 Posts
    • 20,871 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    It is less than 5% of the selling price. Will have a go via logging into PayPal.

Thank you!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 11,175 Posts
    • 7,485 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    Partial refunds are best done via Paypal. If it gets to anything near 80% of the purchase price then it is best to go back to Paypal eBay and assess your best route.

You won't get any eBay fee refund, but Paypal will do a pro rata fees reimbursement.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    And I've corrected the error in my post.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,661Posts Today

6,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin