Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yannerd87
    • By Yannerd87 13th Sep 17, 7:06 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Yannerd87
    End of moratium period
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:06 PM
    End of moratium period 13th Sep 17 at 7:06 PM
    Hi my first year of dro is finished this weekend and i cant tell you how relieved i am but what happens after??is there anything else i need to do??thanks.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 13th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 11,218 Posts
    • 8,388 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 7:22 PM
    Well done.

There's nothing you need to do but it is worth printing off the entry on the insolvency register next week as it will show that you completed your DRO, in case anyone wants to dispute that.

It's also worth getting copies of your credit reports to make sure all the default dates pre-date the DRO date.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 11,889 Posts
    • 11,394 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    Congratulations !!

You don't get any formal recognition of it ending, like in an IVA, your debts just get automaticly written off.

Just be aware some creditors sell these debts on sometimes, you need to be vigilant for a while.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Jr14
    • By Jr14 13th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jr14
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 9:33 PM
    😱 what happens if they sell them on?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 11,889 Posts
    • 11,394 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:18 PM
    😱 what happens if they sell them on?
    Originally posted by Jr14
    The debt has been written off by the DRO, so you need to inform the new owner of the debt of this fact, also provide evidence of your DRO.

You won't be liable for the debt obviously.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,237Posts Today

8,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin