Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ljmini
    • By Ljmini 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ljmini
    IVA and HRMC child benefit overpayment any advice please?
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    IVA and HRMC child benefit overpayment any advice please? 13th Sep 17 at 6:52 PM
    Hi
    I am starting the process of an IVA. I have an overpayment of child benefit which I am paying back through my tax code. I am a PAYE worker but do a tax return for salary sacrifice car scheme and also child benefit. However as I need to submit a tax return each year I haven't completed the tax return for 16/17 and I will also owe a small amount from Apr to Aug 2017 which will be in the following years tax return ( 2018) Step change have told me I need to contact HRMC direct to see how I should manage my tax returns . Any advice on who to contact? Has anyone had this issue and how have you dealt with it? SC has said I can say I am looking at an IVA but as I am new to this I am a little frightened of having that conversation. Any help is appreciated. This is my first post on the forum but I have received a lot of valuable information from the forum and I hope someone can help. Cheers LJmini
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,556Posts Today

10,773Users online

Martin's Twitter