Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Batman2017
    • By Batman2017 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 37Thanks
    Batman2017
    Renewal strategy ideas?
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    Renewal strategy ideas? 13th Sep 17 at 12:58 PM
    Hi all,

I have two 12 month sim only contracts coming up for renewal and i'm now in the 'upgrade period'. I originally got 2 x IPhone 5s in black friday 2014 (£50pm) with EE. After two years I signed up to a 12 month sim only plan with the original provider EE. I'm currently paying £9 per phone which gives me Unlimited mins, Unlimited texts and 4GB of data allowance each.

I would like a new iPhone but I've got so used to a small direct debit each month that £30 seems a lot now.

If there is a wow deal out there on an IPhone 6s or 7 then i could be suckered in.

I want to knows if I can get a cheaper deal with EE if i stick on sim only or if there are any amazing Iphone 6s,7 deals out there. I have checked Uswitch but have not seen anything exciting.
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1,305 Posts
    • 565 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 13th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    Given the excellent deal they gave you (at £9) I'd ask EE directly, with the new iPhones out (are you sure you don't want to pay a grand for the latest? ) they may have some good deals on 6s or 7's that aren't advertised.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 13th Sep 17, 6:29 PM
    • 2,441 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:29 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:29 PM
    they dropped about £50 off the 6S today I think.

Worth waiting a while for them to shift some new 8 / 10s that were launched yesterday and then see what deal you can get on a 6S.

That said the 5S is a great phone. Perfect size and really took me a while to get use to the 6S size and silly on/off button on the side.

So if your 5S are in perfect working order I would try and keep them another year.

And that is a great £9 deal with EE
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 13th Sep 17, 8:19 PM
    • 1,272 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:19 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 8:19 PM
    I wouldn't get sucked into a 2 year deal to finance a phone. As you've found, SIM only is way better financially. There's no such thing as "I'm due an upgrade".

We each have an iPhone SE, they are the same size as the 5s. The small size suits us and they are a lot cheaper than the recent offerings (and will still be in the iPhone line after November). Ours came direct from an Apple Store, no finance and not network locked.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

49Posts Today

4,005Users online

Martin's Twitter