Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • effie39
    • By effie39 13th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    effie39
    Ulster Bank
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:52 PM
    Ulster Bank 13th Sep 17 at 12:52 PM
    Not sure how to 'warn' others, so using this forum. There has been some negative feedback about Ulster Bank regarding credit ratings, but the one thing that has made me decide to move after having only been with them a few weeks, is they use such antiquated technology. I opened an Easy Savings account and never gave it a thought that I wouldn't be able to transfer monies to nominated recipients on-line. But have now discovered I had to have a Card Reader. I eventually got that and now have to wait a further 5-6 working days for a card to put in it plus another 3 days for the PIN number. I didn't know this way of working still existed. I am going to ditch them in favour of something more accessible on-line.
Page 1
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 1,266 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:58 PM
    You'd think this might have already been mentioned a few times on this forum.....
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 4,100 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    They use a tailored version of the RBS platform.

If you open a savings account with RBS, NatWest, Ulster or IOM bank - you'll need to use a card reader (and authorisation card) if you don't have a debit card with them to slot in the card reader.

Barclays, Co-op and Nationwide all use a similar system.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 13th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 8,719 Posts
    • 7,378 Thanks
    colsten
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:07 PM
    It is high risk to deposit any money into anywhere without having first ascertained how you'd get your money out again. #NoSympathy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,416Posts Today

6,125Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin