Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • j77jst
    • By j77jst 13th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    j77jst
    Return postage on Faulty TV
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:47 PM
    Return postage on Faulty TV 13th Sep 17 at 12:47 PM
    I purchased a TV in June of this year and the other day the screen went blank no picture. Sound works perfectly. The TV came with a back to base warranty however the shop that does the repairs is in Birmingham and as I live in ayrshire I have to return it to them. They are sending me out a box as the original I binned then they will arrange collection, repair it and return it but before they return it I have to pay £30.00 for the pick up and drop off. Surely if the TV now has a fault within 3 months of purchase i shouldn't have to pay this £30.00. I'm not sure about this back to base warranty. Please help!!
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 13th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 10,233 Posts
    • 7,152 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:05 PM
    If you claim under warranty then you are bound by the T&Cs of said warranty. However you should exercise your statutory consumer rights via the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which will put the onus on the seller to pay all reasonable collection costs for your faulty item.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,708Users online

Martin's Twitter