Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubb
    • By hubb 13th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    • 1,799Posts
    • 358Thanks
    hubb
    Missed EE £100 on wrong advise by their chat
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:29 PM
    Missed EE £100 on wrong advise by their chat 13th Sep 17 at 12:29 PM
    I am feeling pretty gutted at the fact that I have missed out on the EE £100 credit offer that is advertised here. I spoke to an EE chat representative and asked specifically if I would be still awarded this credit if I came through Top Cashback. Surprisingly she said yes it would still apply. So I went though Top Cashback (on the understanding of £125 cashback) and purchased my high speed BB for 18 months. I had no notice of any credit I had been awarded so I contacted EE again on chat who said I had to go through the third party link. I stated that I was misinformed by one of their reps (sadly I didn't opt for an email transcript at the end of the chat) but they tell me they have no records of their chat. I was then advised to cancel by telephone and go through the third arty link. I phoned but they said if I cancel I won't be able to reapply for 30 days, which would be no good to me because the offer would be gone. Then even worse my Top Cashback email confirmed that will be awarded £50 when in fact it should be £125! (still not heard back from Top Cashback)

So I am stuck between a rock and hard place with a loss of £175 I could have saved. I phoned EE customer service who believe me but say they cannot award any credit as the voucher is third party. This is thanks to wrong information given by their rep.

Page 1
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 13th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:59 PM
    You can't prove that you were given incorrect information, so you're on to a loser there.

Your options are to pursue TCB for the correct cashback from them, or to cancel and hope there will be another cashback offer. As the latter was an affiliate offer, you were never going to get both lots of cashback.

Looking at TCB the lower rate is for standard broadband, did you order fibre?
    Last edited by BorisThomson; 13-09-2017 at 3:01 PM.
    • hubb
    • By hubb 13th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    hubb
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    Yes I ordered fibre for 18 months, paid upfront. My experience with TCB is any large amount of cashback due never tracks properly if at all.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 14th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 4,530 Posts
    • 4,821 Thanks
    societys child
    • 14th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    My experience with TCB is any large amount of cashback due never tracks properly if at all.
    Sounds like you've been unlucky, I only do "large amounts" and never had a problem.

• teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 14th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 8,211 Posts
    • 4,890 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    I didn't get my TCB money for buying a Medion laptop through them.

I'm wary of cashback sites because this happened last time (coincidentally another laptop purchase, but they eventually paid up),so though people reported having cashback and vouchers when moving to BT,decided to check with PlusNet and TCB, when moving to the former.

Both parties told me I could have either the TCB offer or the money voucher form PlusNet directly, but not both, so I took the PlusNet money as it was £5 more and paid immediately.

The Medion offer on TCB stated not to be used with any other voucher, but Medion did a weekend % off promo, which they claimed was another offer. (At lest the money off was more than the cashback lost.)
    • hubb
    • By hubb 14th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    hubb
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:28 PM
    I am getting sick of TCB failing to deliver what is stated in black and white. I have been requested now about 3 times to file a claim. There is proof of my high speed BB purchase that qualifies me for the £125 but it seems like herding cats to actually get it. Reviews of EE on the TCB site show they pay up fast but I am now told IF I get my payment it could take months.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 15th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:42 PM
    Cashback via TCB/ Quidco is never guaranteed, you should look at it as a bonus and not a given. Having said that, I've never had a problem with either.

If you've had repeatedly problems with them in the past, I don't understand why you'd continue to rely on them.

Wait, you only applied for this four days ago, and you've chased TCB three times already? You're being ridiculous, calm down and give them a reasonable time to respond to your query. It's quite normal for a purchase to track at one rate and then change once the information has been processed.

Unless otherwise stated expect transactions for this retailer to appear within 24 hours. Transactions are usually confirmed within a month and should become payable within 30 - 60 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed Statistics.
    There - now chill out and don't contact them again for at least 30 days.
    Last edited by BorisThomson; 15-09-2017 at 6:49 PM.
    • hubb
    • By hubb 16th Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    hubb
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    Well within an hour of purchasing high speed bb I got a top cashback email confirmation of my cashback, hence it had tracked. When I looked at my tcb account the amount expected was for £50 so it had tracked (no error on my part with deleting cookies etc) but why only tracked at £50 when it should be £125? This is my concern. This is why I have been contacting them because the tracking was fast but incorrect. Today I had a slightly patronising email with advice on making sure I have deleted cookies etc when in fact I have taken all those precautions, the error being on the tracking by tcb.
    Last edited by hubb; 16-09-2017 at 1:56 PM.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 18th Sep 17, 12:06 PM
    • 32,388 Posts
    • 27,146 Thanks
    custardy
    • 18th Sep 17, 12:06 PM
    • 18th Sep 17, 12:06 PM
    Well within an hour of purchasing high speed bb I got a top cashback email confirmation of my cashback, hence it had tracked. When I looked at my tcb account the amount expected was for £50 so it had tracked (no error on my part with deleting cookies etc) but why only tracked at £50 when it should be £125? This is my concern. This is why I have been contacting them because the tracking was fast but incorrect. Today I had a slightly patronising email with advice on making sure I have deleted cookies etc when in fact I have taken all those precautions, the error being on the tracking by tcb.
    Originally posted by hubb
    Ha! i got the same email after querying a lower tracking amount.
    Annoyed me too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,609Posts Today

7,672Users online

Martin's Twitter