Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neo265
    • By neo265 13th Sep 17, 10:58 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    neo265
    Insurance for wooden makeup studio
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:58 AM
    Insurance for wooden makeup studio 13th Sep 17 at 10:58 AM
    Hi there. My partner is looking to insure her new wooden studio which is on her parents land and she is having a lot of trouble finding insurance to cover it. Its a SIPS panel construction with UPVC double glazing with electric heating and is enclosed by a large perimeter fence. She uses the studio on average once per week for bridal hair and makeup trials but is furnished/has a small kitchen area and a small WC.

Has anyone got any recommendations?
Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 13th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 891 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:20 AM
    Contact a broker and ask for commercial property insurance...
    • neo265
    • By neo265 13th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    neo265
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    The few insurers we've spoken to have had issues that its wooden and that its on her family's land.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 13th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:26 PM
    The fact it's on her family's land shouldn't be an issue, however her family's land insurer should be made aware there is a commercial premises on the land they insure with business visitors.

As I've said, go to a broker, they will do the legwork for you and refer to multiple insurers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

398Posts Today

5,162Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin