Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Leighs369
    • By Leighs369 13th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Leighs369
    Thomsons cancelled my flights.
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    Thomsons cancelled my flights. 13th Sep 17 at 10:40 AM
    So it's abit of a long story, bare with me.... we originally booked to go to Florida but my partner was made redundant and we had no option but to pay £250 admin fees to change the holiday to a week in Turkey.... anyway, we were due to fly 7th April 2018 but Thomsons called us yesterday to tell us they've cancelled our flights, they're no longer flying on that day and we are entitled to a full refund or change of holiday. We've opted for the full refund but now they're saying they will not refund the admin fees as it was our choice to change the holiday. Can I argue this? My point is... yes it was my choice to change the holiday to this new one? But i paid the admin fees in good faith thst this new holiday would go ahead, I did not cancel the new holidays flights they did. So what exactly have I bothered paying this admin fee for? Can I fight for this money back or not?
Page 1
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 14th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    • 731 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:49 AM
    You are in the same position as you were when you cancelled your Florida holiday, namely that rather than lose the whole holiday you paid an admin fee to change. It's unfortunate that the second holiday has been cancelled but they aren't charging you anything for this. So I can't see that you are entitled to the admin fee back.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 867 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    Agreed, no legal recourse. But I would suggest you point out that Thomson have massively inconvenienced you and as a gesture of goodwill they refund.
    Check the T&Cs carefully to a, ensure they can charge you and admin fee, b, if there is anything they are due to you for cancelling.
    You could be cheeky and raise an invoice for your administration fee for the cancellation?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 14th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    • 1,349 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    Admin fees are non refundable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter