Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CATMPG
    • By CATMPG 13th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CATMPG
    NPower - Help/Advice Please
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:33 AM
    NPower - Help/Advice Please 13th Sep 17 at 10:33 AM
    I've been paying my direct debits monthly as required but in Dec 2016 NPower revoked all bills they had issued since July 2013, for both gas & electric. The reason they gave was there has 'been a mix up in the electricity readings they thought' and needed to investigate. This despite me providing quarterly readings during this time.

I find myself still in limbo ... they are holding over £6000 of my money and have still not resolved the 'meter reading issue', despite numerous calls, complaints and now it allegedly having been passed to the 'Top Complaints Team'.

What would you do now? I'm looking to move house in the next few months and need to get this sorted. Where do I turn to get a resolution. They may owe me money, or they may claim that I owe them. I'm beyond exasperated.

Thanks in advance.
    JoLynne
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    I've been paying my direct debits monthly as required but in Dec 2016 NPower revoked all bills they had issued since July 2013, for both gas & electric. The reason they gave was there has 'been a mix up in the electricity readings they thought' and needed to investigate. This despite me providing quarterly readings during this time.

I find myself still in limbo ... they are holding over £6000 of my money and have still not resolved the 'meter reading issue', despite numerous calls, complaints and now it allegedly having been passed to the 'Top Complaints Team'.

What would you do now? I'm looking to move house in the next few months and need to get this sorted. Where do I turn to get a resolution. They may owe me money, or they may claim that I owe them. I'm beyond exasperated.

Thanks in advance.
    JoLynne
    Originally posted by CATMPG
    Have you actually complained to NPower? If so, if you are not happy with its response then ask for the complaint to be deadlocked. You can then refer the complaint to The Energy Ombudsman. That said, this process can take 8 to 10 weeks and they may agree that NPower has acted properly. Are you not able to calculate your liability based on previous bills?
  • nPower
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:14 AM

Thanks in advance.
    JoLynne

Hello CATMPG

Thank you for your post

Please email the address shown in our signature, and we'll be happy to look into this with you and find out what's going on.

Best wishes

Beth
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • CATMPG
    • By CATMPG 13th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATMPG
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    Thanks Hengus - that is information of value and I will make the 'deadlock' statement, once Beth has been given an opportunity to intervene and make progress. I have stated I am complaining in every call since January with my latest attempt yesterday, resulting in the call handler stating it was now passed to the Top Level Complaints people, but I am not allowed to talk to them. What a ridiculous statement and display of customer service.
    • CATMPG
    • By CATMPG 13th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATMPG
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    Beth I will do so in a few minutes. A phone call thereafter will be appreciated as I will head to the Energy Ombudsman next, if this isn't resolved in a positive way within a day or two. I am in the customer service business myself and cannot comprehend how a company with the resources you have, isn't able to get this sorted.
    • CATMPG
    • By CATMPG 13th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATMPG
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:18 PM
    Beth - emailed an hour ago ... still no response, nor on Twitter to your Direct Message.

?????
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 4,541 Posts
    • 2,709 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    Beth I will do so in a few minutes. A phone call thereafter will be appreciated as I will head to the Energy Ombudsman next, if this isn't resolved in a positive way within a day or two. I am in the customer service business myself and cannot comprehend how a company with the resources you have, isn't able to get this sorted.
    You are free to go to The EO now as 8 weeks has elapsed since you first complained - no need for a Deadlock letter. The threat of doing this might be enough to get a considered response out of NPower as each EO complaint costs them £400, plus staff time plus any compensation awarded to you.
    • BROKEN
    • By BROKEN 13th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    BROKEN
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:35 PM
    Go to OFGEM website and make a complaint you might find that they will get this sorted or you'll end up with the same crap you have been getting from Npower and when you get to your new house look up IDRESA limited 12 months fixed for you gas and electric gone from £960 to £680 a year and the best way to do it is take you first meter reading and you latest and take one from the other and it will tell you how much gas and electric you have used for the last 12 months. put these figures into their website and see how much you will save. hope this helps
    • CATMPG
    • By CATMPG 13th Sep 17, 1:56 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CATMPG
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:56 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:56 PM
    Speaking with the Energy Ombudsman now ... they even have a dedicated NPower team

Thank you for helping me ... really appreciate your direction.

I'm wondering if Beth's job is just to make it look like NPower are responding ... still no word from her in response.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 13th Sep 17, 7:56 PM
    • 11,442 Posts
    • 15,026 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I wouldn't be surprised if Ofgem have a team for each supplier, at least for the big 6.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,219Posts Today

6,206Users online

Martin's Twitter